Post Interview Questions

Hi all, I just sent these questions to GUZ, but by the time they answer in their 5 - 7 days, it'll be water under the bridge. Can anyone help sooner than that?

1. We supplied the "overcome" docs yesterday. We now have a paper asking us to return on Thursday. Will we get the actual visa then? Or only more paper and waiting? I'm not asking for a guarantee, only general info. I need to change flights and I am out of vacation time. (The docs were all straightforward -- notarial copies of police, birth and unmarried status. We had the originals; they wanted copies.)

2. Is there ANY OTHER requirement after getting the visa before leaving China? Vaccinations? Can we do that today while we're waiting?

3. Do we need to bring this ¥3078 visa processing fee on Thursday? I have heard conflicting info; some say it is not needed for K1s.

4. How can my fiancee establish her English name legally? We have decided on "Holly".

5. Is there anything tricky about leaving China? Do we check the "Settle Down" box on the reason for leaving on the China Departure card?

6. Do we put "China" or "USA" as her country of residence on the I-94 and Customs Declaration forms?

When I'm done with this, I'll write about our entire experience. What a blast.

:baby: Welcome to The Candle :P

1) If that is all they requested were copies of then you are probably all right with that.

2) You can get vaccinations there they are cheaper, but for a K-1 they are not required.

3) K-1 processing fee is 830 yuan or about $100 this should have been paid from the first interview?

4) We didn't do this so I don't know

5) I don't remember that? I doubt if it is important.

6) China

Good Luck and Let us know how it went. I am sure there will be some additions to my thoughts.

Since she is a fiancee..then she is still a resident of PRChina.

163294[/snapback]

I think my case is different than yours but the consulate reserves the right to pull a visa even if they give you the red paper saying that you have been approved in rare cases. They did this for us. We were waiting at the postal service. They called us saying that they could not issue the visa, were sorry, and that they needed to do another check in the U.S. They could not say for what or what department. So I would recommend waiting to buy any plane tickets or make changes until you have the visa in hand. you can pick up the visa two days after getting the red paper. Do not mean to scare you but I must be honest. Our case is different in that we had a third party e-mail which greatly affected our case.

163313[/snapback]

I am so sorry to hear that you were issued a visa and then it was taken away

seems like someone may have not completed the tasks required to issue it ,

It is good to know that you at least got a nice and polite Visa Officer

I hope that you suceed .

I really do not see how anyone could doubt your sincerity