I have read prior posting of this question before but I am still confused.

City and County of Birth:

My fiance was born in a remote countryside. Her hometown is not even on the map. Should I use the Chinese name or find a ping ying equivalent?

Fiance's father and mother's name:

Do I use their Chinese name? If I have to use ping ying, how do I go about obtaining their Chinese ping ying name?

Fiance's residence address:

Again, not sure if I should write in Chinese or ping ying.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Chris

Guest ShaQuaNew

My fiance was born in a remote countryside. Her hometown is not even on the map. Should I use the Chinese name or find a ping ying equivalent?

Do I use their Chinese name? If I have to use ping ying, how do I go about obtaining their Chinese ping ying name?

Chris

162830[/snapback]

Write the actual city of her birth as it appears on her birth certificate. Ensure that all documents that are written in a language other than English are translated to English by someone that knows both languages and signs the document certifying that they translated it, accompanied by the date, their name, and the fact that they are qualified to translate. Forget the pinyun thing. There is your SOs native language, if from China there is mandarin and cantonese. Each of her official documents should appear in one or the other, or in the language of the area she was born.

Chris

162830[/snapback]

Write the actual city of her birth as it appears on her birth certificate. Ensure that all documents that are written in a language other than English are translated to English by someone that knows both languages and signs the document certifying that they translated it, accompanied by the date, their name, and the fact that they are qualified to translate. Forget the pinyun thing. There is your SOs native language, if from China there is mandarin and cantonese. Each of her official documents should appear in one or the other, or in the language of the area she was born.

162831[/snapback]

The most important factor is the part to be filled in of the beneficiary's native alphabet. My SO's alphabet is Simplified Chinese Charactor and that is what she printed in that area.

You're right to say "forget the pinyun"

Eric

Chris

162830[/snapback]

162831[/snapback]

The most important factor is the part to be filled in of the beneficiary's native alphabet. My SO's alphabet is Simplified Chinese Charactor and that is what she printed in that area.

You're right to say "forget the pinyun"

Eric

162834[/snapback]

Thanks for answering my questions.

So all the items I listed above should be written in Chinese? Sorry for beating an old horse to death here, but some members stated in prior postings that the only time to use Chinese character was when the form asks for the native alphabet. I guess that’s what got me confused.

Perhaps I should rephrase me question. For all the items listed above, what did you guys entered, Chinese or translated English?

Thanks.

Chris

Sooner or later you will need to have the birth certificate translated and notarized as well as the never married or divorce certificate. The notary will translate the Chinese to pinyin English name. I disagree to forget the pinyin. The majority of the forms are in English and that is the language you are to fill out the forms in. Only certain sections will it ask for the name in Chinese characters. The only forms entirely in Chinese is when your SO receives the P4 before the interview. The NOTARIZED pinyin English name is the only version you should use. If you yourself decides how to spell your SO's name and your notary translates the name differently you will have a major problem with conflicting names.

Chris

162830[/snapback]

Chris and XiaoXia,

I think others are confusing your question here a little as they are talking about other forms.

On the G-325 use English or Pinyin. There is only one place on the form you should use Chinese, this is where it states,

"If your native alphabet is other than Roman Letters, write in your name in your native alphabet here"

All of your forms will be filled out in English, except this one place, because you are submitting these forms to the US Embassy.

You will need to get other forms like her birth certificate, divorce decree and single certificate. These will be in Chinese so they must be translated. This can be done by her notary office in her city of record. They will give you a book with her original documents, then translated into English and signed that the translation is accurate.

Hope this clears it up a little.

Thanks for clearing this up. Now I have a much clearer picture of what I need to do. One final question, I remembered reading several members suggested that it is better to write the fiance’s address in Chinese because the Consular in Guangzhou will use the address you entered for mailings. And if a pin yin address was entered the mail might get lost because the postman would not know what to do with the pin yin address. I can attest to that because while traveling in China, I have in more than one occasions showed a pin yin address to a taxi driver and he didn’t know how to read it. :ph34r:

However, I’m not 100% sure they were referring to the G-325. I have read so many posts that I’m now getting confused with overlapping answers. :rolleyes:

Thanks again for all your help.

Chris

The G-325a is a bio form, more like a history.

The I-129F and I-130 petitions are what they use current information, like address.

If you review the petitions, you will see that the native alphabet (chinese) is asked for the address as follows:

I-129F = question 17

I-130 = question 20

---

Since the space is very small, you can put this on a separate piece of paper , labeling the paper as an "attachment for xxxx , question xx".

Then on the petition say, "See attachment xxxx".