My SO went to pickup her visa from the PO on Saturday. In the past people who posted said that they lined up early morning before the PO opened, took a number, then waited to 9 when they started work.

She had other things to do that Saturday morning and did not line up for the visa. By the time she got to the PO it was 11:30. There were no lines by then plus it was close to lunch time. After she picked up her visa and packet there we were talking on the phone for half an hour. Still there were no customers during that time and one employee working looking on his computer. So should you go through the hassle of lining up early on a Saturday or should you wake up whenever, have dimsum, and then pickup the visa? I don't know how busy the PO would be on a weekday late morning though.

My SO went to pickup her visa from the PO on Saturday. In the past people who posted said that they lined up early morning before the PO opened, took a number, then waited to 9 when they started work.

She had other things to do that Saturday morning and did not line up for the visa. By the time she got to the PO it was 11:30. There were no lines by then plus it was close to lunch time. After she picked up her visa and packet there we were talking on the phone for half an hour. Still there were no customers during that time and one employee working looking on his computer. So should you go through the hassle of lining up early on a Saturday or should you wake up whenever, have dimsum, and then pickup the visa? I don't know how busy the PO would be on a weekday late morning though.

162505[/snapback]

It should be quick and no need to hurry for picking up visa. I was told you can check if the package has been sent to the PO. I think it's at the carrier website (EMS?) and type in the visa case number that you get at time of interview. My laopo checked it Friday night and saw her package was delivered, and she picked it up very early the next morning Saturday.

Edited by bubbafred10 (see edit history)

This is why I'm beginning to think that if you're not in a hurry to catch a flight, why wake up early to take a number and get on line. The SO has already gone thru the pressure cooker two days ago. On the pickup date she should relax and pick it up later when there's no line. You can eat, go shopping, or sleep late. Anything is better than waiting to 8 when the doors open, grabbing a number to stand on line, waiting till nine before they start giving out the visas.

You've got to enjoy life! We've already waited long enough for the approval for the visa. With that said I guess I'll wait for the AOS