Rooms in the old GZ Consulate Building (now extinct)

romantic

My Webpage This is a Chinese website. If the Chinese applicant has any question for visa, please come to this website.

We have several apartments at the same building of U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou for rent. All our customers are almost those who come here for interview. We can accompany you to hospital for health check and provide other help, which is free for you. During Guangzhou Fair, from Ocotber 15 to October 30, it costs RMB200/room per day, from October 31 on, it costs RMB130/room per day. If you need, please contact us. 13729868644 (Chinese), 020-35587558 (English)

English website

Edited by donahso (see edit history)
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knowing most SOs.. they always want a bargin.. you might inquire on any two bedrooms , then share with another couple.

I can say, having shared a room with another member, that this worked out well and was a supportive environment. Rooms were very clean with nice views... bedrooms that we were in have their own temperature control.

Oh yea... and I can vouche for the cable TV as well ! :D

My SO reports the proprietor gave her a counterfeit 100 kuai bill in change, a fact she only discovered after she left GZ.  Otherwise a great place to stay.

165887[/snapback]

Ryan and Jo Ray,

Sorry for that, please look at the bill carefully. May be there is misunderstanding. RMB100 is cash pledge, which was returned to Jo Ray when she left our aparment. And the rent is RMB150, which is on the bill, but the cash pledge we still wrote on the bill also, which was returned to Jo Ray. Please have a check of it, ok? I am very sorry for that. And thank you very much for staying at our apartment!

We stayed here... great location. Close to bus station and train station. 500 steps to Consulate. I highly recommend because of personal touch we received. Landlord was with me when we received news of overcome success at consulate. He was just as happy and sincere. No price tag can be put on that!!!

Eric (esun41)

We stayed here... great location. Close to bus station and train station. 500 steps to Consulate. I highly recommend because of personal touch we received. Landlord was with me when we received news of overcome success at consulate. He was just as happy and sincere. No price tag can be put on that!!!

Eric (esun41)

166514[/snapback]

;) Thank you very much! Eric. You will bring Lucy home to California today? Have a good trip! Congratulations for your success again!

• 4 weeks later...
Maybe stupid question.....My So and I are planning to be in Guz. December 22, 2005 for one night.  Can we stay here if we are not going to the Embassy for any official business yet?

173150[/snapback]

Richard,

Why not leave a PM for ROMANTIC and ask this question. She also has her email on the profile and she answered me very quickly. I know that during the trade fair, the rooms were being used so I am sure the answer will be yes. I have heard horror stories of some of the hotels (3 and 4 stars) in the area that were roach and rat infested. This place, I can attest to, is clean and safe. Very comfortable!

Have a good trip

• 2 weeks later...

Dannie and I have been here more than a week and I want to say that it was a very great place to stay. It is close to everything esp the consulate IV unit. Our hosts were so very helpful and knowledgeable about the visa process. They practiced with interview questions, checked forms and provided all the guidance my wife needed. I highly recommend them because your SO needs confidence and from someone other than you and they know what questions are being asked and extremely helpful for any overcome help (hopefully no one will need it). Besides a place to stay that is clean and comfortable you cannot put a price tag on the help and support that is also provided, as well as use of a PC and printer and fax that is in the apartment. You can PM me for any questions and recommendations. If you decide not to stay here they can still provide help to your SO for a very reasonable fee.

mark

As far as I know, there are two motel style apartments in the Consulate Building. One is operated by Mr. Yang, another by Mr. Xie.

My suggestion:

If any CFL member stayed in one of them and would like to make comments, please indicate which motel you stayed in.

As far as I know, there are two motel style apartments in the Consulate Building.  One is operated by Mr. Yang, another by Mr. Xie. 

My suggestion:

If any CFL member stayed in one of them and would like to make comments, please indicate which motel you stayed in.

175471[/snapback]

Thank you for your suggestion, Joanne.

We have separate post. This one is ours, operated by me, Angela and Mr. Xie.