Opinions from Chinese women on the subject

Would some of the Chinese women on this site be kind enough to give me your opinion on the name change matter? I want to know if the Chinese women (in general) object to or approve of taking their husbands last name when they come to the States? You may be specific in your reply if you wish.

ÎÒÏëÖªµÀÖйú¸¾Å®¶ÔËæÕÉ·ò¸ÄÐÕµÄÎÊÌâÓÐʲôÏë·¨¡£¸÷λŮʿÄÜ·¢±íһЩÄãÃǵļû½âÂð£¿ÎÒ

Ï£ÍûÁ˽âÔÚÄãÃÇÀ´ÃÀ¹úµÄʱºòͨ³£ÊÇÔ¸Ò⻹ÊÇ·´¶Ô°Ñ×Ô¼ºÔ­À´µÄÐÕ¸ÄΪÃÀ¹úÕÉ·òµÄÐÕ¡£Èç¹û

ÄãÔ¸Òâ¸ù¾Ý×Ô¼ºµÄÌØÊâÇé¿ö̸̸ÄãµÄ¿´·¨£¬ÎÒ½«·Ç³£¸Ðл£¡

Edited by m-coon (see edit history)
һЩÖйú¸¾Å®ÔÚÕâ¸öÕ¾µã»áÊÇ×ã¹»Ç×Çеķ¢±íÎÒÄãµÄÒâ¼ûÔÚ¸ÄÃûÎÊÌâÉÏÂð? ÎÒÏëÒªÖªµÀÈç¹ûÖйú¸¾Å®(×ÜÖ®) ·´¶Ô¶Ô»òÅú×¼²ÉÈ¡ËûÃǵÄÕÉ·òÐÕµ±ËûÃÇ×ßÏò״̬? Äã¿ÉÒÔÊǾßÌåµÄÔÚÄãµÄ»Ø¸´Èç¹ûÄã×£Ô¸¡£

¸Ðл,

˹¿ÆÌØ

һЩÖйúÅ®ÈË»áÔÚÕâÒ»¸öλÖÃÉϺÃÒâÔÚÃû×ֱ仯ÎïÖÊÉϸøÎÒÄãµÄÒâ¼û?ÎÒÏëÒªÖªµÀÊÇ·ñµ±ËûÃǵ½´ïÃÀ¹úµÄʱºò£¬ÖйúÅ®ÈË (´óÌåÉÏ) ·´¶Ô»òÕßÔÞͬ´øËûÃǵÄÕÉ·òÐÕ? Èç¹ûÄãÔ¸£¬Äã¿ÉÄÜÊÇÄãµÄ´ð¸´µÄÌØÐÔ¡£

лл,

Ê·¿¼ÌØ

Would some of the Chinese women on this site be kind enough to give me your opinion on the name change matter? I want to know if the Chinese women (in general) object to or approve of taking their husbands last name when they come to the States? You may be specific in your reply if you wish.

Thanks,

Scott

161992[/snapback]

Scott, both translation software you used are not very good, so I am going to reply in English.

I didn't change my family name when I was married, and my husband didn't mind. However, if he wanted me to, I would have changed. Now my official name is my original family name. However, in many occasions, I was introduced by my first name, so some of the acquaintances just assume that I used my husband family name. In most cases, I just let it be without clarification.

My husband prefers to use my original names (He speaks Chinese very well and is proud of being able to call me that way).

My husband also encourages me to let others use my Chinese name. His reason is that my friends should know my real name. However, I have some problems using my Chinese name in US because the characters are hard to pronounce by an English speaker. Thus my name system is in Chaos.

һЩÖйú¸¾Å®ÔÚÕâ¸öÕ¾µã»áÊÇ×ã¹»Ç×Çеķ¢±íÎÒÄãµÄÒâ¼ûÔÚ¸ÄÃûÎÊÌâÉÏÂð? ÎÒÏëÒªÖªµÀÈç¹ûÖйú¸¾Å®(×ÜÖ®) ·´¶Ô¶Ô»òÅú×¼²ÉÈ¡ËûÃǵÄÕÉ·òÐÕµ±ËûÃÇ×ßÏò״̬? Äã¿ÉÒÔÊǾßÌåµÄÔÚÄãµÄ»Ø¸´Èç¹ûÄã×£Ô¸¡£

¸Ðл,

˹¿ÆÌØ

һЩÖйúÅ®ÈË»áÔÚÕâÒ»¸öλÖÃÉϺÃÒâÔÚÃû×ֱ仯ÎïÖÊÉϸøÎÒÄãµÄÒâ¼û?ÎÒÏëÒªÖªµÀÊÇ·ñµ±ËûÃǵ½´ïÃÀ¹úµÄʱºò£¬ÖйúÅ®ÈË (´óÌåÉÏ) ·´¶Ô»òÕßÔÞͬ´øËûÃǵÄÕÉ·òÐÕ? Èç¹ûÄãÔ¸£¬Äã¿ÉÄÜÊÇÄãµÄ´ð¸´µÄÌØÐÔ¡£

лл,

Ê·¿¼ÌØ

Thanks,

Scott

161992[/snapback]

Scott, both translation software you used are not very good, so I am going to reply in English.

I didn't change my family name when I was married, and my husband didn't mind. However, if he wanted me to, I would have changed. Now my official name is my original family name. However, in many occasions, I was introduced by my first name, so some of the acquaintances just assume that I used my husband family name. In most cases, I just let it be without clarification.

My husband prefers to use my original names (He speaks Chinese very well and is proud of being able to call me that way).

My husband also encourages me to let others use my Chinese name. His reason is that my friends should know my real name. However, I have some problems using my Chinese name in US because the characters are hard to pronounce by an English speaker. Thus my name system is in Chaos.

162218[/snapback]

Thank you for the nice reply.

Would you be so kind as tell me (in chinese) what I am asking so that I can re-post the question - so that people can understand what I am asking??? I'm getting little response to my question and I do not know why.

Thanks Again,

Scott

Sorry, I know this was asked to Chinese women, but I will tell you what my wife says... She is fine with taking my name. I am neutral. If she was American, I would probably ask her, but I know in modern China it is not so common. Also, I don't want to have to deal will all the offical stuff to change her name. Also, if we go back to China, people would not be able to pronounce her new family name.

Hi Scott;

Well. you asked about us guys so......I remember discussing this topic with my SO not long ago. I was asking her based on another thread that was discussing the name thing. At that time she said she was asking me what should her American first name be. She seem excited about that. As it was posted above, her response was if it makes us closer...why not. Well, now she says we can talk about this later. So if she wants to change or does not want to change.....my feeling.....her choice. Finally, I believe Chinese women are like most women in the world......they have the "God given RIGHT to change their minds." We men do not have that RIGHT..... :greenblob: :greenblob:

Hi Scott;

Well. you asked about us guys so......I remember discussing this topic with my SO not long ago.0„2 I was asking her based on another thread that was discussing the name thing.0„2 At that time she said she was asking me what should her American first name be.0„2 She seem excited about that.0„2 As it was posted above, her response was if it makes us closer...why not.0„2 Well, now she says we can talk about this later.0„2 So if she wants to change or does not want to change.....my feeling.....her choice.0„2 Finally, I believe Chinese women are like most women in the world......they have the "God given RIGHT to change their minds."0„2 We men do not have that RIGHT..... :greenblob:0„2 :greenblob:

164277[/snapback]

or the mind! :greenblob: :greenblob:

Mine will likewise do as she pleases (I hope she keeps it as is!).

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)
Hi Scott;

Well. you asked about us guys so......I remember discussing this topic with my SO not long ago.0„2 I was asking her based on another thread that was discussing the name thing.0„2 At that time she said she was asking me what should her American first name be.0„2 She seem excited about that.0„2 As it was posted above, her response was if it makes us closer...why not.0„2 Well, now she says we can talk about this later.0„2 So if she wants to change or does not want to change.....my feeling.....her choice.0„2 Finally, I believe Chinese women are like most women in the world......they have the "God given RIGHT to change their minds."0„2 We men do not have that RIGHT..... :greenblob:0„2 :greenblob:

164277[/snapback]

or the mind! :greenblob: :greenblob:

Mine will likewise do as she pleases (I hope she keeps it as is!).

164279[/snapback]

Randy, nice pic of Jiaying!!

When I asked my SO she said, "doesn't matter"... I've learned that this means she will do whatever I want; it also means that she has no strong feeling to change it, otherwise she would of told me already (she is usually a step or two ahead of me)...

So she kept her own name (as I wanted anyway)...

When I asked her once about US citizenship, she said, "I am chinese; I am alway chinese"... So I take it that she probably wanted to keep her family name in truth...

she kept hers, it is reverence for the father, common in china....

I got to keep mine also..... whew!!!