will they not change my k1 case's online status??

hey guys.. My k1 case got approved online on 14 Sep,after my bf got a actual p2 notice by mail on 26 Sep( i assume that was an acutal P2,cuz he told me about he got that mail talking about my case being forwarded to GZ the other day,but no GUZ number on it)..

Now,a couple of questions..

1.is that really a P2(NOA2) notice ?

2.if it's a P2 notice,how come my online status still stays the same as was what it was on 14 Sep? ( you know..sth like..your case has been approved and on 14 Sep we'll mail you the notice about this approval..if you haven't get it within 14 days,you may wish to call us on 8*****,, blah blah blah blah )

Pls throw some thoughts to me..thank you!!!

--poor and hopeless susieq in love

If your SO received the NOA-2 and since you are K-1 Your case has been sent to the NVC. Wait about a week and then call 603 334 0700. Stay on the phone and talk to a human. The automated system can't help you. Have the beneficiary's 13 digit service center # (the same one you use to check the status online) and birthdate. They will give you the GUZ# and tell you when it arrived. Call about once a week until they tell you it is approved. I find it odd that your SO received NOA-2 before it showed approval on line. In my case it was the opposite. It showed approved before I received NOA-2.

Sure sounds like the P2 (NOA2) to me. I wouldn't worry about the online status thing, but it sounds like it also says the petition was approved. The online status for Jingwen's petition said the same thing and now, two plus years later, still says the same thing. As warpedbored said, USCIS is done with the petition and now it's in the hands of the Department of State's National Visa Center.

thank you for your in-time valuable replies!! I should say that I'm a very poor susieq as my fiance doesn't feel like communicate my visa things with me so i got to find out every single thing myself(errr..by asking friendly candleforlove friends questions and stuff..hehe)

For my fiance,he noticed that the online status hasn't been changed yet but he thought it was just their late-update problem..and he's not quite willing to tell me what exactly the P2 is about therefore i had no idea if the notice he got on Sep 26 was an actual p2 or not..

anyway..i'm still a poor and hopeless susieq but i'm lucky to have backup consulting team!!!!!

I'm a very poor susieq as my fiance doesn't feel like communicate my visa things with me so i got to find out every single thing myself

161212[/snapback]

susieq, it's a little hard to tell if the quote is light hearted humor or reporting of the facts. If it is factual I guess I would be more concerned about the relationship than the visa status.

No disrespect meant, but you don't want to be in the US with 90 days to get married and a potential husband that doesn't keep you informed of important matters.

Take care ...

wow..the phone number is really efficient and I did get to talk to a human just now after 1.5 mins waiting.I do have my GUZ number now and i was told that my case was forwarded to GZ on Sep 26!!! Oh btw,can i still use that phone number to know my next case status? or should i just find out some GZ number to call from now on as the case has been forwarded to GZ now?

wow..the phone number is really efficient and I did get to talk to a human just now after 1.5 mins waiting.I do have my GUZ number now and i was told that my case was forwarded to GZ on Sep 26!!! Oh btw,can i still use that phone number to know my next case status? or should i just find out some GZ number to call from now on as the case has been forwarded to GZ now?

161222[/snapback]

Wow... You are well on your way !

Congrats to get on to GUZ ...

Next, you can expect the P3 to go to your SO; Your SO should return this ASAP to get in the interview queue...

Then 2-4 months later the P4 (I put this range since more recently we have seen a few with very fast [relative] times)...

---

National Visa Center(NVC) 1-603-334-0700 Call after NOA2 they will give you the GUZ# and do the Security Check.

Department of State (DOS) 1-202-663-1225 Call after NVC completes Security check and sends to Gunagzhou

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)
I'm a very poor susieq as my fiance doesn't feel like communicate my visa things with me so i got to find out every single thing myself

161212[/snapback]

susieq, it's a little hard to tell if the quote is light hearted humor or reporting of the facts. If it is factual I guess I would be more concerned about the relationship than the visa status.

No disrespect meant, but you don't want to be in the US with 90 days to get married and a potential husband that doesn't keep you informed of important matters.

Take care ...

161221[/snapback]

hi Jim, of course I don't want that happen to our future,but he does keep distance from me in terms of telling me about our case status,.i guess it's just he's scared sometimes himself and doesnt want to share how he feels about that with me in case i wont need to worry too much.He's a very caring and lovable bf i admit.It's just that when we were talking about our visa thing,he's really not into it..

I mean i was not demanding on pushing him doing anything as i do know that it wont make our case fast and I dont want the visa discussion to ruin our relationship.But please think about his responses sometimes..

when he grabbed the expired application form to sent off to me and got me take the wrong facial photo followed by the expired instruction on I-129,he said it was not a big deal..even when i told him how bad it would lead to,he still felt quite light about it and didn't even want to make a phone call to confirm with the officials..I find that everyday is a struggle for me here without him but if he does know how i feel exactly,he could just make up some story to tell me what our case is up to..i'd rather he lie to me than just being indifferent on this..so i guess maybe he's scared sometimes about lots of doubts from my case process as well..and he's trying to save his face as he knows that he's famous as a 'optimistic american lover' in my mind and he likes inculcating me always..

161222[/snapback]

Next, you can expect the P3 to go to your SO; Your SO should return this ASAP to get in the interview queue...

Then 2-4 months later the P4 (I put this range since more recently we have seen a few with very fast [relative] times)...

---

National Visa Center(NVC) 1-603-334-0700 Call after NOA2 they will give you the GUZ# and do the Security Check.

Department of State (DOS) 1-202-663-1225 Call after NVC completes Security check and sends to Gunagzhou

161226[/snapback]

thank you DaviaZixuan~ i'll keep an eye on that to make sure that I get the p3 and return it to GZ asap!

So what is SO exactly? so if my fiance in the US is the petitioner and i'm the benefitary,is he my SO, or I'm his SO?

wow..it's interestingly confusing right now..hehe

SO is significant other. Since many of us here are already married and others engaged to be married we use one term for both fiancee's and spouses. You are his SO and he is yours. From NVC your petition will be sent to the DHL warehouse in Guangzhou where it will sit for about 5 weeks until it is delivered to the consulate. You can track it via DHL but that only tells you a package that probably has your petition in it was delivered on such and such a date. Once it is picked up by the consulate it will be entered into the computer and P-3 will be sent you you, the benficiary. Fill out the forms and send it back to GZ as fast as possible. Even a delay of a few days can add a month to your wait time.

161222[/snapback]

---

161226[/snapback]

thank you DaviaZixuan~ i'll keep an eye on that to make sure that I get the p3 and return it to GZ asap!

So what is SO exactly? so if my fiance in the US is the petitioner and i'm the benefitary,is he my SO, or I'm his SO?

wow..it's interestingly confusing right now..hehe

161229[/snapback]

You got the meaning of SO right.. "Significant Other"...

Here's a comment about the P3 from the FAQ:

K1

A.1.10.1

When your fiancée gets the P3 packet in the mail she must return 3 forms:

1. DS-230 (part I)

2. OF-169

3. P3 Supplemental Sheet

You should have your fiancée return these as soon as possible. You will have plenty of time afterwards to collect all the information they tell you to get for the interview. It helps if you practice filling these forms out ahead of time. (See sample forms question in P3 FAQ).

---

feel free to ask questions here.. you'll find lots of help !