Social Security Card-Change of Name

My wife went to the Social Security Office to change her name 5 weeks ago. She is here on a K1 visa and has a valid EAD. They told her she would receive a new card in two weeks. Now they claim it is held up on the computer by immigration. What do we do? She already had a card and all she is doing is changing it to her married name. Our daughter applied for a first card at the same time with an EAD and received it in two weeks.

Same here. Appearently her maiden name is still in the SAVE computer. Whatever that SAVE is. So until that computer data base is updated with her married name, SSI will not issue a new card in her married name until it matches exactly with the name in SAVE. I do not know who the contact to have the SAVE updated, maybe someone here knows. I'm thinking this won't happen until after AOS is granted.

Same here. Appearently her maiden name is still in the SAVE computer. Whatever that SAVE is. So until that computer data base is updated with her married name, SSI will not issue a new card in her married name until it matches exactly with the name in SAVE. I do not know who the contact to have the SAVE updated, maybe someone here knows. I'm thinking this won't happen until after AOS is granted.

160075[/snapback]

Does you wife have an EAD?