GUZ number assigned...

Not only does it mean that you are now in the express lane to hurry up & wait ville, but is also now qualifies you to a Huge Bag of Cheetos, Extended long chats on the phone & internet, as well as a few more grey hair :D

159308[/snapback]

I called NVC today. My case was completed on 9/21 and forwarded to GUZ. I think it's in somewhere between NVC and GUZ, because GUZ couldn't answer my question "Did my case reach GUZ yet?"

bearbear:

Congratulations !!! Your case has been completed and has left the NVC. Next step, the consulate at Guangzhou.

Current wait time from "NVC forwarding the case" and the consulate "entering the case into the computer" is from six to nine weeks. As others have stated, this long wait time is due to "customs delay" of the documents and backlog of cases at the consulate. We had hoped to see I "speeding up" of this part of the process when the new consulate building opened in August, but this has not occured at this time. Maybe soon ???

However, you case can be added to the Prediction Table, and I will do this. Your P3 is completed at the NVC. The next steps are:

1. Your case being "entered into the computer" by the consulate

2. "2nd namecheck" being completed

3. P4 letter and interview date being sent and scheduled.

The consulate will not acknowledge your case until they have received the case and "entered it into the computer".

Mark

Edited by mlspyl (see edit history)
bearbear:

Congratulations !!!  Your case has been completed and has left the NVC.  Next step, the consulate at Guangzhou.

Current wait time from "NVC forwarding the case" and the consulate "entering the case into the computer" is from six to nine weeks.  As others have stated, this long wait time is due to "customs delay" of the documents and backlog of cases at the consulate.  We had hoped to see I "speeding up" of this part of the process when the new consulate building opened in August, but this has not occured at this time.  Maybe soon ???

However, you case can be added to the Prediction Table, and I will do this.  Your P3 is completed at the NVC.  The next steps are:

1.  Your case being "entered into the computer" by the consulate

2.  "2nd namecheck" being completed

3.  P4 letter and interview date being sent and scheduled.

The consulate will not acknowledge your case until they have received the case and "entered it into the computer".

Mark

159554[/snapback]

Thank you Mark. I appreciate it. :)