SECURITY CHECK STILL PENDING

Now we are 67 days into the eagle class security check with no end in sight. I can not get a straight answer from D.O.S. and an email to GUZ is useless just get the still pending routine.

According to the info I have gatherd on the internet the check should be brought to conclusion within 10 days of submission.

I am starting to think we have fallen into the black hole. Any advice???

Going crazy as all you guys are getting P4s that left NVC way after me.

But Good Luck to you anyway :lol:

I feel the same way they must be moving slow, all away round. I have been waiting 48 days so I think they are just going slower for now.hope things get going soon. :lol:

Good Luck,

Dan M

Guest ShaQuaNew

Yesterday I read a story written by an attorney that visited the facilities doing immigration security checks. At one of the facilities he visited he found the regular security check person was not in and had an older retired replacement. This replacement was surrounded by a group of pallets containing boxes of files awaiting security checks. Each of these files required individual one at a time attention. This man was the only one qualified to do what he was doing.

I've been unable to corroborate this story, but sent an email a short time ago to the attorney that made the claim asking him to do just that. Corroborate it. If even remotely true I think exposing such treatment of Visa petitions and applications would be a HUGE negative for any political administration.

Regarding sitting and waiting I strongly suggest any alternative other than that. Anyone that simply sits and waits it out is likely to become the victim of having to wait even longer.

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)

Regarding sitting and waiting I strongly suggest any alternative other than that. Anyone that simply sits and waits it out is likely to become the victim of having to wait even longer.

158405[/snapback]

Do You have any idea why you were singled out for this security check that is taking way too long ?

We got our second notice 65 days after I filed for the K-1 Visa .

Something musr be wrong !

Guest ShaQuaNew
Do You have any idea why you were singled out for this security check that is taking way too long ?

We got our second notice  65 days after I filed for the K-1 Visa .

Something musr be wrong !

158418[/snapback]

Those that have been members of this site for a while have watched many visa petitioners come and go. Some go fast, some go slow. Some go fast because they were filed thru VSC. You should feel very fortunate that ytou received your second notice in 65 days as its well below the mean. There are many that have waited a good deal longer than I.

Guest ShaQuaNew
I suggest flying over to your congresspersons office and let them know you are more than 2 months into the latest waiting game!!

Even if it's a 50/50 chance of getting some results, it's better than nothing and it does not hurt to have an advocate on your side!!!!

Good luck!!

158425[/snapback]

Again, so far everything is proceeding according to plan. Very rarely if ever has involving your local congress person helped speed the process. This is because most of the same information is available to them as those doing the filing. That is not to say that some in congress would not go to bat for you. To the contrary there are a few....and very few that might be helpful. It's important to remember that some petitions move through the process quickly. Others do not. Launching an immediate attack is just not a good posture. Rather, keep good notes, follow the process, log dates, log names, etc., to show accountability.

The USCIS has large fudge factors in their process. This is why that you will NEVER see them give an exact date but rather a range. When dealing with the government it's important to remember that the old addage that you attract more flies with a teaspoon of sugar than a teaspoon of vinegar definitely applies.

Be aware that there is a time to apply pressure, but never right out of the box. It takes on s very negative connotatation that will likely be counterproductive.

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)

I believe that I am also in the 'famous' name check delay for my SO. I am also about 65 days into it. :ph34r: I contacted the FBI by email for a status after 30 days. NO ANSWER!!! :angry: Then I sent another email to them after 60 days. Still no answer from that one either. Next week...I will try to contact them by phone. :(

My SO's daughter took about 8 days to have her name check completed,

according to DOS.

FYI: I work where we have FBI 10 year security checks for any new employee. Those checks take 4-10 days.

Guest ShaQuaNew
FYI: I work where we have FBI 10 year security checks for any new employee. Those checks take 4-10 days.

158436[/snapback]

There are a wide variety of security checks during the process as the previous posts on the topic clearly show. I don't think it's that it takes a long time to do each one but, rather the sheer volume of what they have on their plate. Now, take this sheer volume of security checks, couple them to beauracratic red tape and you have a recipe for indigestion.

Guest ShaQuaNew
Pepto Bismal anyone? :ph34r:

158439[/snapback]

Perfect! :angry:

I've certainly had my share of gas in the last few weeks. I don't think I've been pointing the escape nozzle in the right direction either. Yesterday I began an elected official letter writing campaign.