how to invalidate case

I'm not sure you really need to do anything other than to take care of your own well being.

If I am reading your timeline correctly, she was K-1 and arrived in the US 7/21/05. You guys did not get married and she left the country within 90 days. Presumably, her I-94 departure card was taken when she left the US, and a record of this is or will be in the system.

I'm not expert, but I think Frank is right on the money. Because there was no marriage, and she left within 90 days, I would think there is nothing for you to do at this point.

I am sorry to hear things didn't work out as planned. Best wishes.

Yep, sounds like Frank got it right. Nothing to do. She flew back to China within the alloted time. No marriage involved. I hate to say it and I know it hurts but you got out of it pretty easy. It could've been much worse.

I always felt that the 90 days was a good time to see if there was any compatibility between a couple before deciding to marry. If this was the case then think of it as a good and responsible thing on both parts to split up.

Write her a letter and tell her that this must've been the way it was to be, or something along them lines. Try to make it an amiable thing and a lesson learned by both.......

Fare well!

Yep, sounds like Frank got it right. Nothing to do. She flew back to China within the alloted time. No marriage involved. I hate to say it and I know it hurts but you got out of it pretty easy. It could've been much worse.

I always felt that the 90 days was a good time to see if there was any compatibility between a couple before deciding to marry. If this was the case then think of it as a good and responsible thing on both parts to split up.

Write her a letter and tell her that this must've been the way it was to be, or something along them lines. Try to make it an amiable thing and a lesson learned by both.......

Fare well!

158302[/snapback]

How many days and hours do have to know and be with someone before you fall in Love and feel compatible ?

is there any kind of timeline on this ? It would make a good pol question , but I am sure that has already been visited .

I'm spending about 25 days in November with my SO , my feeling run pretty deep and she says that her's do too .

But realistically , We will not burn any bridges until we are both sure ,since after she finally quits her job and sells her house there is no real turning back. I think the 90 day visa ...... return or get married is just a little too darn short and with all the hard work done by both parties may too many luke warm relationships here Stateside turn into marriages

Soap box time.

A fiancee visa is for a foreign national to come to the US for the sole purpose of conducting a marriage. I submit that by its very meaning, the committment to marry is made before filing the paperwork. If there is any uncertainty, it's not yet time to file. The 90 day period is not a test run or trial shack up period.

158314[/snapback]

Yet once again, the voice of reason. Don, I take my hat off to you. You only post when when your words make the most sense, at the best time.

I don't understand why your wife decided she didn't love you after only two days. As per your timeline, you state the night mare begins.

Just curious

Soap box time.

A fiancee visa is for a foreign national to come to the US for the sole purpose of conducting a marriage. I submit that by its very meaning, the committment to marry is made before filing the paperwork. If there is any uncertainty, it's not yet time to file. The 90 day period is not a test run or trial shack up period.

158314[/snapback]

Quite true, but I kinda like the idea of a 90 day trial shack up period!!! :blink: :) :hug:

Why can't anybody see my point of view in this? Doesn't it sound like a reasonable thing?

Or maybe we all should cast reason aside! It has no merit in this realm and the hell with responsibility too! Yeah,,,,"what does reason and responsibility have to do with anything when everybody can see that we're in Luuuuvvvvvv?" :blink:

Immigrations thinks it's reasonable. I think it's reasonable too! I didn't make this up or the time limit. But I can see some reason in it. It only makes sense! I mean really! People think they are in love until reality kicks in and the novelty wears off. It's been shown countless times! And I'm not making that up either! I'm not gonna sit here and preach. It is of no concern to me. It only makes sense! Is that so hard to see? or am I "unreasonably" breaking some people's "luv bubble"?

Frankly, I think it matters less what we think and more what USCIS / DOS thinks and perceives of a petition signed by two parties indicating an 'intent to marry', etc...

And what will USCIS / DOS do once it encounters either party in the future who possible is in yet another petition? Will they wonder if this is yet 'another trial' petition ?

I agree with Don on this issue.. although I've seen both sides stated in almost legal terminology as to the 'intent' of a K1 visa...

Very unfortunate indeed. Don is right! This is not the time to "try out" your relationshiop.... still, it is your last chance to decide for sure before you marry. I made my decision last year. Still all of the negative situations over the last few months has made me concerned. Still I'm confident that Wenjie and I will be happy together. I can't control what she does or says, but I do have a choice how I present myself and how I respond to whatever she should say or do in the relationship. Ideally, I hope we continue on our journey.

My lady is coming next week, I'm very excited about it. I can only trust her that she loves me as I do her. I guess all of us will know in a month or so or a year or so about our reltionships being "true" or not. Still I beleive prayer and communications makes a big difference.

I'm sorry for the failure of your relationship, But I'm confident in a successful future with my fiancee.

I believe that the intent to marry must be there at the time the SO arrives.

But there will be those relationships where, once the vacation trips and euporia of being together wear off, reality sets in, and it becomes obvious that the marriage won't work out. I think that theparties then have every obligation to NOT enter into marriage, regardless of what the DOS or USCIS may think on down the road.

To use that period as a "trial" places a lot of pressure on the beneficiary to live up to the petitioner's expectations - he/she will be sent back home if they don't perform as expected. This factor alone makes a "trial" period pretty unworkable.