A 7 day holiday in China in October

I was just talking to My SO this weekend and found out that all the Police Stations are closed for this 7 day holiday in October . B)

I wonder how many HOLIDAYS there are in China ? :blink:

When you combine the China holidays with the 10 offical holidays we have in the States it is No wonder why NOTHING EVER GETS done At the GUZ

The VOs must really love working in China because of all the paid holidays they get each year . :(

I was just talking to My SO this weekend and found out that all the Police Stations are closed for this 7 day holiday in October . B)

I wonder how many  HOLIDAYS there are in China ? :blink:

When you combine the China  holidays with the 10 offical holidays we have in the States it is No wonder why NOTHING EVER GETS done At the GUZ

The VOs must really love working in China because of all the paid holidays they get each year . :(

158173[/snapback]

http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzhou/cg/holiday.html

I was just talking to My SO this weekend and found out that all the Police Stations are closed for this 7 day holiday in October . :clapping:

I wonder how many  HOLIDAYS there are in China ? :blink:

When you combine the China  holidays with the 10 offical holidays we have in the States it is No wonder why NOTHING EVER GETS done At the GUZ

The VOs must really love working in China because of all the paid holidays they get each year . B)

158173[/snapback]

http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzhou/cg/holiday.html

158175[/snapback]

YES SirEEEE BOB!!!!!

according to the Official GUZ site they have 19 paid holidays

that's right 19 !!!!!! :(

Kind of Makes Me Sick

but we have 10-12 paid holidays, plus 10-15 or more days vacation!

158177[/snapback]

but we have 10-12 paid holidays, plus 10-15 or more days vacation!

158177[/snapback]

Well , the rest of the Federal Employees get 10 paid holidays :rolleyes:

and between 13 and 26 additional days of annual leave

plus 13 days of Sick leave per year

so lets say that the maxium number of PAID WORK DAYS off at the GUZ

be 19 paid holidays (LOTS of WOOOOOOpeee time )

26 annual leave

13 sick leave

OR 58 days that Nothing crosses that person's desk

According to VISA Journey the Guz and Veitnam Are the Slowest Consulates in the world on processing K1 visas

My understanding of leave time in China is that your estimate for annual leave is about 26 days too high. Unless the consulate workers get vacation in addition to the holidays.

and yes they ARE slow!

158184[/snapback]

Nope !it's 26 days !!!!!

if the Federal Employee has completed 15 Years of service they earn 8 hours (1 day) of annual leave every 2 week pay period .

There are 26 pay periods in a year that makes 26 days of annual leave !!!!!

I would bet that the VOs are very busy and always feeling like they are behind schedule...

My guess is that they have been historically understaffed and as a result it creates an atmosphere which basically turns a process of dealing with visas for real people as more like pulling a machine lever to them...

I would also think that most people who deal with national security jobs tend to take their jobs as a little important.

I think a good share of the people here that have already gone through all of this or who are currently going through this wish they had gotten or would get a visa in 10 months :blink:

Yea, what he just said :blink:

158339[/snapback]

I personally do not think that the people working at the Guz are either lazy , incompetent , stupid or are NOT taking their Jobs seriously .

What I do think is that the Consulate Should not honor MOST of the Chinese Holidays and should stay open .

The Chinese nationals that they have working for them at the Consulate should have to come to work since they are working for the US government .

There are 100's of thousands of Chinese workers who have to work during the Chinese Holidays , so what makes these worker's so special ?

I quess I would like to know why this consulate is so slow -even compaired to Hong Kong .

The Visa Journey site is a real eye opener for the difference in processing times - even consulates that process more numbers than the GUZ are much Faster .

Perhaps we could get our Congress people to look in to this !