Additional Perspective on GZ Trip

Mick

Guest goodluckchan

Mick,

You are a sincere kindly man. Though you are suffering from your pain, you still insist on posting more value information for us. God can bless a good man. wish your fiancee will get her visa next week. Take care. Have a good rest.

Little bee

Guest jennifer_lam
I want to thanks especially Jennifer, Jon's wonderful lady, and also Bbzou and his wife for their help and support. They all made our stay a delight (except for the shopping :o  :D )

It is my pleasure to show u guys around.

Well, what u mean except for shopping? :huh: :o hehe....u should be happy that ur lovely lili bought a nice wedding dress with good price. :D :P She looks so beautiful in the dress.

Guest jennifer_lam
How much for a nice wedding dress? Just wondering...

it is an incredible good price. When Mick heard the price, he just keep laughing. well, let Mick himself answer ur question. :huh:

it is an incredible good price. When Mick heard the price, he just keep laughing. well, let Mick himself answer ur question. :P

I had to laugh. The dress was priced at 150RMB!!!! Then these girls had the audacity to bargain it down to 120. :P

That comes out to around fifteen bucks. And it is really beautiful and yes, Li looks wonderful in it. :D

Thanks again Jennifer and all those who helped obtain this bargain. :lol:

Has anyone been successful in connecting with a live person on the GZ line?

I was 0 for 5 yesterday with 2 successful message recordings.

Although we didn't get around to posting it yesterday, the phone system is one of the issues we raised with Richard Adams. He seemed unaware of the problem with repeated cut offs, etc. We also addressed the general rude nature of the telephone staff. He said he would address it with those who answer the phone.

The automated answering system is due for an update and, at least from what Mr. Adams told us, they plan on farming out the phone system to a contracter in the near future. I don't know whether this will be a good idea or not, particularly in light of the recent contractor paper-shredding fiasco. He said they answer an enormous number of calls per week. He gave us a number but, quite frankly, I have forgotten it. It was, however, large. Richard Adams is the man to complain to regarding phone problems. He admitted that he was the one who signs the checks each month to pay for the phone service.

Also, he admitted that the IV Team, the one's who answer our e-mails, are all Chinese staff and they are instructed to issue boilerplate answers. He did not dodge this question in any way. Stated they get about 12000 e-mails per week and, if they tried to give personalized answers, they would not have time to do anything else. Also, the "cut and paste" that we often see is due to the language issue.

Doubt that there is much that will happen to change either the phone or e-mail, but we did raise the issue. :D :lol:

it is an incredible good price. When Mick heard the price, he just keep laughing. well, let Mick himself answer ur question. :P

I had to laugh. The dress was priced at 150RMB!!!! Then these girls had the audacity to bargain it down to 120. :P

That comes out to around fifteen bucks. And it is really beautiful and yes, Li looks wonderful in it. :D

Thanks again Jennifer and all those who helped obtain this bargain. :lol:

same here Mick.. :-)

When Yuhui bought hers, I was kinda embarassed ( she laughed ) when she cut the price from $ 29 to something like $22 ;)

Beautiful too. I could not believe it's that cheap..Still blows my mind as of today

Guest Snowbeast

This is really some great information!

I have never had any luck getting through on that phone system.

Does anyone know if when the EMS letter is received, they provide an exact date for picking up the visa? I seem to remember it used to be on certain days only if I remember correctly.

This is really some great information!

I have never had any luck getting through on that phone system.

Does anyone know if when the EMS letter is received, they provide an exact date for picking up the visa?  I seem to remember it used to be on certain days only if I remember correctly.

If you/she live outside GZ, I believe you can pick it up M-F 9-4 or so..

Was the bus "accident" with the disabled brakes before or after the interview? :huh:  :unsure:

Before. We were about thirty minutes out of Shantou when it happened. Sad to report one person died in the accident. Ran right through a toll booth and right over the top of a Toyota. :( :D ;)

You took Adams on while you were disabled? A true patriot!!!! :P :D :o

YES !! MICK THE WARRIOR !! Took a bus hit... Then kept going and going and going... Man! Someone shuts him up !! :blink:

They are going to write stories about him like Paul Revere! :o :P :D

Hey, I'm an Irishmen. The last thing I want to start yelling is "The British are coming, the British are coming". Of course, my countrymen have had plenty of practice at this for about 500 years now. ;) :angry: :angry:

One further reflection, in all seriousness. GZ supposedly has been receiving further batches of clearances since February 4. Hopefully we begin to see some EMS movement starting soon after the Presidents Day holiday. Stay tuned friends. The next 10 days or so should tell us a lot. Also keep in mind EMS is sometimes fast, sometimes slow. Last EMS I received took 10 days to travel 300 miles.