recv. I797-c notice of action from dept. home lan

Hello everyone ! the people on this site have been the greatest!!
I recv'd a noa from hls. stating that our case has been sent back to them from the state dept. for further review. we are here and making a good life in boise, idaho my so got her dr licience work card that whole
9 yards, were very happy, we arrive here mar 23 2005. got married
in apr, i filed I-485 in apr. was recv;ed, now were in wait mode. here is the letter:

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On September 21, 2005, we received this case back from the Department of State for further review. We will mail you a notice when our review is complete or when we take other action.

is this normal! to date all my paper work has been impecable!
has anyone ever dealt with this.

hope to hear from anyone soon!
thanks the most, mike& Xia

Welcome aboard Mike. I'm originallyfrom Idaho. I lived in Boise for years. My mother and sister still do. Maybe we'll look you up next time we are in town.

First I have heard of this. My wife and I received no notification at all until we received the appointment letter. It doesn't sound too bad though, At least they are not saying it's a denial. Not much you can do other than wait it out. At least you are together.

Welcome aboard Mike.  I'm originallyfrom Idaho.  I lived in Boise for years. My mother and sister still do.  Maybe we'll look you up next time we are in town. 

First I have heard of this. My wife and I received no notification at all until we received the appointment letter.  It doesn't sound too bad though, At least they are not saying it's a denial.  Not much you can do other than wait it out.  At least you are together.

157162[/snapback]

thanks Carl !! for sure we must get together if your in Boise!!

keep in touch

thanks again for the reply

Mike & Xia

Hmmm. This is a bit strange. USCIS usually notifies DOS when an I-485 is approved so DOS can track the immigrant quotas. What's a bit weird is that I don't think there are quotas related to the K-1 (assuming that was her visa category when she entered the US). You might want to double check your I-485 and make sure you marked the correct reason for adjustment of status.