Time between Left USA and P4 - CR1

First thanks to everyone for sharing information. I am trying to find out what people have experienced as far as length of time between the visa paperwork being sent from the USA and the receipt of P4 forms. Thanks for you help.

Even if you only heard that so and so heard .... that is better than nothing.

Almost Crazy

atomnc:

Some background: for my wife's case we submitted CR1 documents only (I-130 and associated "stuff").

We did not file the K3 documents (I-130, then I-129f and associated "stuff"). At the time (September 2004), the Vermont Service Center (VSC) was processing CR1 applications quickly (2 months) and the Missouri Service Center (MSC) was not processing K3 applications (I-129f portion) quickly (6 - 8 months).

However, the MSC is now processing the K3 applications very quickly (1 - 2 months) which now makes this a viable option and probably the preferred solution.

We sent our CR1 (I-130) visa petition to the VSC last September 2004. My wife's interview is projected in November 2005 (maybe December). So this would be 14 - 15 months from CR1 (I-130) submittal to interview date. We were conservative in submitting documents during the NVC phase and I estimate we lost 1 month here. So best case would of been 13 - 14 months from start to finish going through VSC. Currently (2005) this might drop an additonal month to 12 - 13 months best case.

As a stated above, the K3 route is now quicker than one year ago. I estimate from K3 submittal (I-130 then I129f submittals) to interview the time would be 9 - 11 months. I believe the process is faster in 2005 then in 2004, and I know the K3 (spouse) visa petition route is much faster than last year.

This times above assume petition filing (CR1 and K3) to interview date. From petition filing to P4 would be 30 - 60 less than the numbers given above. P4 to interview is 30 - 60 days.

All the informations above assumes best case; everything is submitted promptly, no RFE(s) from the government, security check problems, etc. Please PM if the have any questions.

Mark

Edited by mlspyl (see edit history)

well being almost crazy is better than some of us.... the process certainly has it's share of frustrations, but check out Randy's timelines. There are always anomalies so do your homework and check and re-check all your documents....

good luck... maybe you should post your timeline.....

Atomnc:

My SO's case will be 12 months on November 18, 2005 from start to this point of waiting for a interview date. Our projected interview date is November 11th for a CR-1 visa. I think that GUZ seems to have slowed down to the pace of molasses going uphil after their September surge. :ph34r: So I think that maybe our interview won't be until December or maybe January. :(

Rich