Need advice/tips for I-129F submission

I just returned from China after 2 glorious weeks with Ying Liu. I had such a good time, and fell deeper in love. But now I am so sad, and even angry at the length of the process ahead of us. Never-the-less, we are ready to tackle this beast with patience, and dilligence. But i am hoping that all of you awesome and intelligent members could just give us some last minute advice. We are preparing the I-194, and want to do it right. Just enough paper work, with maximum effect, etc. What should/shouldn't we do/include? Does she have to send her notarized docs on birth record, marital status, etc? This forum has been outstanding with advice, so I thank you all so much. So please.....maybe you can just give us a nice jump start, and get us go in the right direction. Also, I would love to hear some tips on how to speed any part of the process. Do's and don't's, etc. Sorry if I sound lacsidasical, or too dependant on this site, but I desperately want to start my life with her, and am really saddened at how long this may take. And I know how smart and caring this group is, so thank you in advance. And you will all be welcome in our home if you are ever in SW Florida and need a place to stay! And I truely mean that.....I live near some of the finest beaches in the world!

So.....China. Wow. I loved it. I really did. And learned so much. I found alot of things that I thought America could really follow as an example. The people were very kind, and service is great EVERYWHERE. I have never been stared at so much in my life!! I realize how lucky I am with Ying Liu. She just isn't a Chinese girl that speaks a little English. She is fluent, astute, great with business, and handles herself very well. I literally stood back in awe at her command of people and situations. I felt very safe with her as my guide. She is more beautiful in person, and even more impressive on every level than I ever knew through phone/web cam/and messenger.

Here is my moment of realizing her true love, and how a Chinese woman is superior to an American woman: I fell asleep with my head in her lap on a train ride to Beijing. She put me to sleep by fanning me, and stroking my hair. I was exhausted. I fell asleep for 1 hour. When I woke, she was STILL fanning me, and stroking my hair!!! I was moved by that. And any guy in here would agree that IF.....IF and American woman did that....they would stop immediately as soon as you fell asleep thinking: "oh good....he's asleep, I can stop now" They do very little, and expect the world. So I asked her why she kept doing it even after I fell asleep. She said: " I was afraid that if I stopped, you might wake up, and I really want you to get a good sleep!" So needless to say.....I picked a good one.

We climbed to the top of the Great Wall, where I proposed to her in Chinese. I set up my camera on a tripod first, so I actually caught the moment with a picture....me presenting her the ring. The background is awesome with the mountains and more of the Wall in the distance.

So....thanks for taking the time to read all of this. I wish you all well, and please help us with advice if you can.

Sincerely,

Rob

Welcome Home Rob, Sounds like you had a great trip. B) Yes it is hard to return empty handed :P I am going to guess you ment the I-129f? Go to the links and resources section and go to Don's site www.uschinak1.com great little place to start out.

Yeah, it's certainly hard leaving, but I'm glad you had a great time.

A good place to start the visa process is here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?pg=k1guide. It will give you an overview. Just remember, now matter how much you read and study the process, something will always come up, so don't be afraid to ask questions. The collective wisdom here at CFL ranks up there with the best.

Good luck.

I think you mean the I-129F petition for K1 visa for fiancee. That is where you would start.

If you two married in China then you need to file the I-130 petition first and then the I-129F for K3 visa.

So, it is either the I-129F or the I-130. Both petitions can be found on the USCIS website.

156888[/snapback]

Yes.....the 129F is what i meant. Woops! Also, our service cener is TSC. Has anyone filed the P1 there,and what docs did you include?

Yap Rob your right,It seems that way for me too,I was with my wife for 8 months and it was the best time in my whole life. :rolleyes: I feel the same as you if American women where like this the divorce rate would be very little.But then I also like the asian look.Good luck and please stay focus for it will take some time for our goverment to do the paper work. Welcome aboard :)

Yours,

Dan M

Sherman,IL.

I think you mean the I-129F petition for K1 visa for fiancee. That is where you would start.

If you two married in China then you need to file the I-130 petition first and then the I-129F for K3 visa.

So, it is either the I-129F or the I-130. Both petitions can be found on the USCIS website.

156888[/snapback]

Yes.....the 129F is what i meant. Woops! Also, our service cener is TSC. Has anyone filed the P1 there,and what docs did you include?

156896[/snapback]

The "P1" is actually the acceptance letter from the USCIS telling you that they have received your petition and will process it. It is a letter that you will receive in the mail. It is offically the I-797.

"P2" is USCIS approval of the petition. It is then forward to the NVC for further processing.

Print off the I-129F from the USCIS web and study it and the instructions. Study it well and should you have any questions, feel free to ask.

-good luck

Guest ShaQuaNew
Yes.....the 129F is what i meant.  Woops!  Also, our service cener is TSC.  Has anyone filed the P1 there,and what docs did you include?

156896[/snapback]

Okay good, it looks like you've been properly pointed to great places for getting information.

I filed my I-129F through Texas Service Center (TSC), which was subsequently transferred to the California Service Center (CSC). Many are saying that TSC is transferring ALL K1 or I-129F petitons to CSC to avoid backlogs. Bottom line is it seems they are running behind. I am still awaiting my NOA2, otherwise known as approval. However, just got off the phone with them and they say that it should be done soon. Isn't that a relative term? Soon happened for me a while back, and soon ended for me and of course like you the day I had to leave her in China.....

Rob,

Glad to hear of your time in china and that you have found someone who shares such concern for you. You will find this concern in many small ways; and sounds like you are smart and caring enough to not overlook it !

Follow Frank's link for the items to include in the packet. The main delay will be the G-325a needs her signature... So, you'll need to send that to her and get it back for inclusion. Maybe do that first, send it off and collect all the rest of the stuff...