A note from China

Well, the train ride to Beijing from Chengdu was actually quite nice. Zhenshu made arrangements for the best sleeping car accommodations, and we berthed with a fabulously cute little three-years old girl and her parents. We saw exquisite rivers and steep gorges -- some of the most spectacular scenery I have ever seen.

There are only 2 days left to what was a month in China together. I can't believe how quickly the time has flown by. It only seems like a few days ago I was landing in Beijing . . .

I suppose there is a silver lining to the unconscionably long visa process after all. Without the ridiculous delay I would never had the motivation to take time off from work and spend an entire month here. And that has been an unforgettable experience.

I always keep in mind the endless and selfless support Zhenshu and I have received from everyone on the CFL site, and it has made what would have been an unendurable torture into a too-long, but bearable episode in our lives.

Thank you all so much.

P.S. No, I didn't forget to have fun! That's pretty much all we have been doing.

Great post.. glad to hear you had such a great time.... keep the updates coming......

Since there hasn't been a great deal of comment on my little China Diary, I suppose I've either bored everyone or haven't raised any meaningful issues.

But whatever the case, I am back in the US and I never had a better month in my life. I am actually glad the visa process is so drawn out and arcane because it gave us (forced us) to do SOMETHING to be together. And a month in Sichuan and Tibet is a great way to spend a month with someone you love.

The time together also solidified our connection, and mine to China. When the interview is over and we have our visa, the US will be Zhenshu's country, and China will also be mine.

The roast duck Zhen gave me for the plane ride back was sure nice to have.

Welcome Home Wally,

The roast duck sounds good, but I am sure there is something else you would rather have brought back with you :P I enjoyed your updates and also look forward to seeing some pictures.

I am glad your trip was good and further bound your relationship, that is always nice to hear.

You have some catching up to do here on the board, the Consulate is actually set up as member and has opened a line of communication with the members of the Candle, I know! That is fantastic!

Glad you made it home safe, Take care :greenblob:

Welcome home, Glad you had a great time. As cosmic said, more likely jealous , than bored. Anyway, it's great being able to spend a whole month, isn't it?. I spent a month on my first trip. Going back for 16 days in the middle of Nov. I am sure my second trip, I won't be as nervous about some aspects. Hopefully I will be able to relax, and savor every second. :huh:

Welcome Home Wally,

The roast duck sounds good, but I am sure there is something else you would rather have brought back with you :D  I enjoyed your updates and also look forward to seeing some pictures.

I am glad your trip was good and further bound your relationship, that is always nice to hear.

You have some catching up to do here on the board, the Consulate is actually set up as member and has opened a line of communication with the members of the Candle, I know! That is fantastic!

Glad you made it home safe, Take care :D

161248[/snapback]

Gene:

What kind of communication has the Consulate established with the CFL?

The last I heard, our case was "sent to GZ." Period. No letter about an interview date yet, even after a month. Is there a way to find out more detail regarding our status.

The time has come! This needs to be over.

P.S. I'm glad someone has read my drivel.

7557246885 Shipment delivered.

Signed by STAMP

8/26/2005 9:40 am

8/18/2005

PORTSMOUTH, NH GUANGZHOU, CHINA

7557694045 Shipment delivered.

Signed by STAMP

9/22/2005 10:17 am

8/19/2005

PORTSMOUTH, NH GUANGZHOU, CHINA

Check the DHL web site, Tracking, Track by reference ID I-730. No more information will be available until GUZ enters it in their computer.

Also, check out the "GUZ speaks" subforum.

They do not address specific cases here.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)