Hurricane Rita

It passed to the east of here. No damage to my home, except the power is out.??2 million people tried to evacuate in 1 to 2 mile an hour traffic. My ex-wife left at 4AM Thursday, made it 10 miles out of town at 3PM before giving up. Almost no gas anywhere in a 150 mile radius.??

It passed to the east of here. No damage to my home, except the power is out.??2 million people tried to evacuate in 1 to 2 mile an hour traffic. My ex-wife left at 4AM Thursday, made it 10 miles out of town at 3PM before giving up. Almost no gas anywhere in a 150 mile radius.??

156575[/snapback]

Gosh. I was worried about you, as I noticed that you are in the Houston area. Thank God you and your family are OK.

OK - power back on, SO assured, everything back to normal, except that they are expecting it to take 3 days for everyone to return.

Businesses were closed Thursday, and won't re-open before Tuesday or Thursday at the earliest.

Gasoline still not available, unless you find a station that has it, and wait in mile+ long lines.

People who evacuated drove at 1 - 2 miles perhour, until they ran out of gas, or broke down, or got to where they were going 24+ hours later. Now they all have to come back.

Those who were stuck camped out in parking lots, or allowed to shelter in one of several schools along the way who had to harbor these people with no notice.

People are still evacuating the Trinity River basin, which will flood when they stage an emergency release of water.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)