Short layover time in LA............

Ok, since I have done this as a routine every timeI have gone to china, I just couldn't resist.

As most of the folks that has answered your thread are right, I thought I would add a few things.

If you are flying on Delta and plan on changing over to China Southern, like the rest of them said, you should have no wories other than retrieving your baggage, should you need to. The only time you will go through security is whan you leave the terminal area in search for food. (If you need a smoke, walk straight out past security, walk around the escaltors to go out the doors that lead to the pedestrian bridge. There you can light up all that your hearts desire)

Just remember, you will have to go through security again in which it apears that its heaviest times are 7pm - 8:30, 9:15 - 10pm, 10:10 - 11:45. If you get caught up in this heard of cattle, you can easily expect a 30 to 40 min wait just to get back into the terminal.

If you are in need of changing your money over, May I suggest to do it through your bank, as the people at the kiosk on the right just as you walk into Term 5 are not very dependable (They come and go like a fart in church) & then their rates suck Big time.

In this term, your choices of selection for food is Pizza, McDonalds, sushi, one or 2 burger joints, and a couple of small convienent store types with very limited selections and on of those liquar & smoke stores.

After passing these, you will come to the Gate areas. Normally, Chian southern will depart out of any of the last 3 gates on the right side of the terminal.

Below is a small map of LAX and a few number that you may find helpful.

Hope this helps;)

http://www.iflylax.com/images/lax.gif

Terminal 5

Los Angeles International Airport Terminal 5 serves Aerolitoral, Aeromexico (arrivals), Air France, Air Jamaica, Air Tahiti Nui, China Southern, Delta, Legend Airlines, Omni, Song, Spirit, and Sun Country. It contains gates 50-58.

Terminal 5

AeroLitoral

AeroMexico - +1 800 237 6639

Air France - +1 800 237 2747

Air Jamaica - +1 800 523 5585

China Southern Airlines - +1 888 338 8988

Delta Air Lines - +1 800 221 1212

OAI Omni Air International - +1 877 718 8901

Song - +1 800 359 7664

Spirit Airlines - +1 800 772 7117

Sun Country Airlines - +1 800 359 6786

Ok, since I have done this as a routine every timeI have gone to china, I just couldn't resist.

As most of the folks that has answered your thread are right, I thought I would add a few things.

If you are flying on Delta and plan on changing over to China Southern, like the rest of them said, you should have no wories other than retrieving your baggage, should you need to. The only time you will go through security is whan you leave the terminal area in search for food. (If you need a smoke, walk straight out past security, walk around the escaltors to go out the doors that lead to the pedestrian bridge. There you can light up all that your hearts desire)

Just remember, you will have to go through security again in which it apears that its heaviest times are 7pm - 8:30, 9:15 - 10pm, 10:10 - 11:45.  If you get caught up in this heard of cattle, you can easily expect a 30 to 40 min wait just to get back into the terminal.

If you are in need of changing your money over, May I suggest to do it through your bank, as the people at the kiosk on the right just as you walk into Term 5 are not very dependable (They come and go like a fart in church) & then their rates suck Big time.

In this term, your choices of selection for food is Pizza, McDonalds, sushi, one or 2 burger joints, and a couple of small convienent store types with very limited selections and on of those liquar & smoke stores.

After passing these, you will come to the Gate areas. Normally, Chian southern will depart out of any of the last 3 gates on the right side of the terminal.

Below is a small map of LAX and a few number that you may find helpful.

Hope this helps;)

http://www.iflylax.com/images/lax.gif

Terminal 5

Los Angeles International Airport Terminal 5 serves Aerolitoral, Aeromexico (arrivals), Air France, Air Jamaica, Air Tahiti Nui, China Southern, Delta, Legend Airlines, Omni, Song, Spirit, and Sun Country. It contains gates 50-58.

Terminal 5

AeroLitoral

AeroMexico - +1 800 237 6639

Air France - +1 800 237 2747

Air Jamaica - +1 800 523 5585

China Southern Airlines - +1 888 338 8988

Delta Air Lines - +1 800 221 1212

OAI Omni Air International - +1 877 718 8901

Song - +1 800 359 7664

Spirit Airlines - +1 800 772 7117

Sun Country Airlines - +1 800 359 6786

156345[/snapback]