Is it as bad as they say?

Hi All,

I am preparing my I-129F and have been searching the site and links for information, thank you all.

I am getting ahead of my self on several points, but I am new and want to get an idea of what I can expect.

Is it as hard as they say? I tend to worry too much!

The visajourney website says to get notarized copies of the I-129F and the G325A (for the both of us). Is that necessary?

I also listed some highlights from the K-1 China link from this site.

Fiancée needs Chinese official documents

The Chinese fiancée needs a certified police record from every city where she lived six months or more, since age 16.

A Chinese official who is not happy about the fiancée emigrating may cause difficulties with the letter of invitation. The letter needs to be HANDWRITTEN and translated into Chinese.

Problems with the fiancée's passport

Chinese officials may regard the INS form I-134 form as stronger evidence of commitment than the letter of invitation. Worse, they may inspect financial figures declared on the form, then set the passport fee at what they think the couple will pay.

Thanks again!

Not a bad idea to get a full understanding of the process, don’t start worrying too much now, there is always plenty of time for that later. :greenblob:

First off, welcome to CFL, your full service site for the process and yes we will be more than happy to harass you during the process to help pass the time. Just hang around, we will be happy to abuse you as needed, besides it beats Lucy reruns. :ph34r:

Much of what you are asking can be found in the Links and Resources section of the site, there is an FAQ that helps to explain most everything. You seem to have received some interesting advice and information.

Don’t worry about notarized 129F or 325A’s, it is not required or requested. You only need to tell her she will need a birth certificate, single certificate and divorce certificate, if applicable. Your SO (significant other) will be able to get these in a translated form at the Notary Office without any problem. You want to submit photo copies of these papers and keep the originals. You might want her to get a few copies of these so you will have them when she gets to the US for the future.

The police certificate only comes from the town where she is registered, all police records are kept there, but you should hold off until much later in the process for this.

The letter of intent to marry only needs to be in English, one from each of you.

The entire process is on the US side and the Chinese government has nothing to do with the US immigration process. She should not have any difficulty in getting a passport, either.

One last thing, make copies of EVERYTHING you send to the USCIS, if there is a problem it will help a lot.

Now quit worrying. :greenblob:

Welcome.... really can't beat Lee's intro and response... but this is truly your one-stop shopping area for good and reliable information on the immigration process...... one important bit of advice Lee failed to provide was to get yourself a good supply of Cheetos....... :ph34r:

Welcome, I see Lee beat us to the punch. The documents are easy. Just follow the instructions that are with them. Any questions you have there are many here who have already done it. So ask as you go. Don't worry over it. The hard part is the dang blasted waiting. Pull up a chair get comfortable and read through the posts. Join in any time you like. Don't mind the grizzled old timers like Don and Trigg. They are just good ol folk who suffered through the battle with obvious scars :greenblob: .

You are a goat man aren't you? :greenblob: :ph34r:

Just a couple of add-ons to Lee's post (damn, he' good). I'm not sure what is meant by a letter of invitation as it relates to a K-1 visa. While it may be necessary for a tourist or business visa, it isn't needed for a fiancee visa.

Just remember to get her signed copies of the G-325A to go with your I-129F. Don't worry about the I-134. Chinese officials will never see it. If she hasn't done so, have her get her passport now. Does your fiancee have children? If so, it might be a good idea to make sure she has sole legal custody, unless they are over the age of 18. Otherwise, the ex may balk at letting them leave China for the "promised land" without some "gratuity."

Welcome aboard. Since you're just starting out, you'll be here for about a year. It's not as bad as a prison term, but the wait may drive you crazy. :ph34r:

Welcome to CFL.. You will find this forum much more helpful than the one on Visa Journey.. Over there you will find more confusion and misguided answers . This forum is much better structured with alot of people who have gone exactly through what you will be going through..read the FAQ section and use the search function alot.. Most if not all your questions have been asked before but feel free to post a question when your not sure or cannot find the answer yourself....

Welcome !!!

As Frank said have her get the passport now. Don't worry now about her official documents, get them after you have P3, GUZ will not accept police certificate or unmarried cert that is more than 6 months old. Ying did not need any letter, etc to get her documents.

Focus on getting the pettion submitted as quickly as you can. Check and double check - the FAQ's provide great advice on completed forms. And do not forget - "no blanks" - "None and "N/A" as appropriate

Welcome to CFL. By far the best site on the web for K visa info as it pertains to China. The others have already pretty much nailed it. Technically the certified translatiion of the birth certificate for your sweety isn't required for filing the I-129F but I have heard of RFEs (request for evidence) being issued asking for them. Since notatorial birth certificates and divorce decress have no expiration date It is a good idea to get them now and send copies (hold on to the originals) in with the I-129F and G-325A. Now sit back grab a bag of cheetos and settle in for the long wait.

Is it as bad as they say?? NOPE!! will you believe it isn't so bad?? NOPE! Should you worry about being able to get the visa? NOPE! Will you worry about it?? YUP!! will you laugh at yourself after it is all over?? Well hell, why ask me? I only know that the rest of us worried until we puked and now we are laughing at ourselves.

It's a tedious process but eventually it ends. Pay close attention to what those that have been through it say--double check to be sure they are correct. Then pull up a chair, get you some Cheeto's and hang around for a while. Most of all--CHILL OUT DUDE--we'll get ya their!

Is it as bad as they say?? NOPE!! will you believe it isn't so bad?? NOPE! Should you worry about being able to get the visa? NOPE! Will you worry about it?? YUP!! will you laugh at yourself after it is all over?? Well hell, why ask me? I only know that the rest of us worried until we puked and now we are laughing at ourselves.

It's a tedious process but eventually it ends. Pay close attention to what those that have been through it say--double check to be sure they are correct. Then pull up a chair, get you some Cheeto's and hang around for a while. Most of all--CHILL OUT DUDE--we'll get ya their!

155303[/snapback]

Thanks everyone, I was getting confused reading the other sites.

One more question then on the forms.

I brought blank forms with me to China (Shenzhen) and had her sign them when I was there (she only signed with Chinese characters, not her pinyin/translated name). It is hard to put the information in the blocks, so I used a block underneath it to continue the address information (G325A for residence and place of employment, on the I-129F I kind of squeezed the information in the blocks). Was that a bad thing to do?

I later found the fillable versions of the forms and was going to type the information in and it doesn't come close to fitting. I read that you should add a continuation sheet where this information won't fit. Is this a better idea? I would need to send the G325A back to my SO but I want to get it right and from what I have read it sounds important to get things right.

Thanks again!

155303[/snapback]

Thanks everyone, I was getting confused reading the other sites.

One more question then on the forms.

I brought blank forms with me to China (Shenzhen) and had her sign them when I was there (she only signed with Chinese characters, not her pinyin/translated name). It is hard to put the information in the blocks, so I used a block underneath it to continue the address information (G325A for residence and place of employment, on the I-129F I kind of squeezed the information in the blocks). Was that a bad thing to do?

I later found the fillable versions of the forms and was going to type the information in and it doesn't come close to fitting. I read that you should add a continuation sheet where this information won't fit. Is this a better idea? I would need to send the G325A back to my SO but I want to get it right and from what I have read it sounds important to get things right.

Thanks again!

155421[/snapback]

Oh, one more thing.

Should I plan my vacation around my SO's interview or other events?

Thank you!