red slip then blue slip??

whats this i hear on 001 that a girl went to an interview on friday got the pink/red slip and went to pay for the pickup fee at the post office and then got a call to her hotel room from the embassy letting her know she needed to return to get a blue slip "denial" notice, and according to this girl they told her "name check not complete" what gives??? should we be concerned?? if my so needs to still pick up her visa and was given the pink/red slip is there still a chance on getting this BS blue slip??

It seems this happens from time to time. They aproove the visa without looking at all their data, then they discover that they have incomplete data and 'hold' the visa, with little or no regard for the people involved, until they recieve what they are looking for. This is not a common practice or reason to panic--but it does happen on occasion!

Here is the text message on the paper you get from the consulate after receiving approval at the interview (and before pickup):

Front of red paper:

"Be advised that despite being approved during your interview, in some rare cases, the Consulate can still delay or deny visa for various reasons...."

Back of red paper:

... In certain rare instances, the U.S. Consulate must retract a decision to issue a visa. In this case, your passport, along with a letter explaining why we have retracted our decision will be given to the Post Office. A post office representative will then call you to make arrangements for the return of your passport."

---

I am fairly certain this has happened already to someone on CFL or 001 since the move in August, and it confirms what Trigg mentions...