:greenblob: Hello Everyone

Can anyone help me with information custom hold time. I check on my package that was sent to guz on aug 5 2005. there were 5 packages send out that day to guz, 3 packages made it to guz and 2 packages are been held at customs. How can i find out whick package is mind. And how long custom will hold the 2 packages.

Thanks

mnmext

There is only ever 1 pkg of visas shipped to GUZ on a given day.

If you go to the DHL website and log in to Track By Reference and then enter thr reference as I-730 and the ship date it will tell you the status of all worldwide visa shipments for that day. Just scroll down to Guangzhou. If the weight of the pkg was over 4.4 lbs it will be held for chinese customs inspection and will show clearence delay.

Good Luck

There is only ever 1 pkg of visas shipped to GUZ on a given day.

If you go to the DHL website and log in to Track By Reference and then enter thr reference as I-730 and the ship date it will tell you the status of all worldwide visa shipments for that day. Just scroll down to Guangzhou. If the weight of the pkg was over 4.4 lbs it will be held for chinese customs inspection and will show clearence delay.

Good Luck

152557[/snapback]

Thanks for information, But I don't know which package is mind is there away to find out?

The short answer is no, you wouldn't expect a well oiled cog within the bureaucratic machine to keep that sort of useless information around, it would demonstrate some degree of accountability and we just can't have that. :o

The only way to know of the next step is to send an email to GZ asking if your case has been received, but I wouldn't send them more than one a week. Hopefully you will get through this in only a few weeks and can move on to the next line. :D

Where exactly is this customs hold conducted? Does customs physically go into the DHL Facility and check packages there? I asked earlier what it meant that my case is sitting in the DHL Facility as of today and got an answer back that it would sit there in that facility for a month...hmmm..interesting to learn what in the heck really goes on here...

Where exactly is this customs hold conducted? Does customs physically go into the DHL Facility and check packages there? I asked earlier what it meant that my case is sitting in the DHL Facility as of today and got an answer back that it would sit there in that facility for a month...hmmm..interesting to learn what in the heck really goes on here...

152610[/snapback]

DHL has area for custom in there facility to check all packages, So if your paper work as not made it to guz thats where it ate.

:greenblob: Hello Everyone

Can anyone help me with information custom hold time. I check on my package that was sent to guz on aug 5 2005. there were 5 packages send out that day to guz, 3 packages made it to guz and 2 packages are been held at customs. How can i find out whick package is mind. And how long custom will hold the 2 packages.

Thanks

mnmext

152554[/snapback]

Not to sound trite, but 9 times out of 10, it's the last package to clear "customs delay". Many on this board believe that "customs delay" is a euphemism for off-site storage.