We Passed the interview

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you everyone for your kind wishes and sentiments.

Here are some more observations for up coming interviews:

The Chamy Coffee shop is on the 4th floor. The coffee shop is just behind the way up to the US consulate. The way down from the US consulate is about 20 yards behind the coffee shop. There are plenty of "visa" helpers there, I suggest avoiding them. There is also a United booking agent right behind the coffee shop.

As I mentioned before we lined up in the Immigrant Line. They started letting people in around 7:45 am. We got to the consulate around 7:30 am in the morning. There was about 100 people there at that time. I estimate that there were around 300 interviews on Monday.

She got asked around 10 questions. They mostly involved questions about were I was born, about my most recent divorce, if she had family or friends in the US, and about my Taxes.

On the Tax question, she did not find my folder with all my taxes right away, so she ended up giving them my last 12 paychecks instead. This did not seem to be a problem. I would recommend pinning your latest tax return with your I-134, so this little mix up does not happen to you. I also recommend having your last 12 months of pay checks and a letter of employment just to be safe -- although we did not end up needing them.

Two days later, we arrived at the Post Office around 20 minutes before 9:00 a.m. there were 12 people ahead of us. We got lucky number 13. At around 9:10 am we recieved our visa package and celebrated that we finally got the visa.

We then had to get the medical statement. We ended up walking there (take a taxi, it is not that close). We waited about an hour before finally being served. Not an efficient operation, I have to say.

We arrived back in Shenzhen on the evening of the 8th. The 9th, we had some final packing and family obigaltions to take care of (we thought we could hook up with Meidon in Shenzhen, but ended up being too busy).

We departed Shenzhen to Hong Kong Airport. There was absolutely no problem getting into Hong Kong. I did not need to show them an air ticket. They gave her a seven day pass, no questions asked.

On arrival to the US. The first customs agent in LA refused to handle her case. The customs agents was a large asian women. I suggest avoiding her for other to come. We pointed her out to some other customs agents, I really hope she got in trouble for her rudeness. Anyway, the second customs agent was very nice, and handled our case with ease. He explained we have 90 days. He took her picture, and left hand index figure print. We collect our six pieces of luggage and went on our way.

I am now re-adjusting to this time zone..