a couple questions for newbie

:cheering:

I'm new to this site, and this is my first post.

I'm starting to file the I-130 for my wife and get a couple questions.

1. the question #15, Name and address of present employer, on informaion about your relative, is that means my wife present employment in China or in State.

2. the question #17, list husband/wife and all children of your relative, should I write my name on there or just leave it as N/A ( the sample filing I found on CFL left it as N/A, but I'm a bit confuse).

3. Do I need to enclose my wife's birth certificate in the I-130 package, I heard somebody said it is necessary, but I couldn't find this based on I-130 filing instruction. It appears that the marriage certificate is the only document needed.

Thanks.

1.....#15, That is for her employer in the USA.. leave it blank if she is still in China

2.....#17, I have my names on here plus my step-daughter.

3.....I did not because I use my wife's IDD booklet which has her birthday and other informations. It was approve with no problem, and no RFE. I dont know how my lawyer did it.

Edited by ckhang (see edit history)
:blink:

I'm new to this site, and this is my first post.

I'm starting to file the I-130 for my wife and get a couple questions.

1. the question #15, Name and address of present employer, on informaion about your relative, is that means my wife present employment in China or in State.

2. the question #17, list husband/wife and all children of your relative, should I write my name on there or just leave it as N/A ( the sample filing I found on CFL left it as N/A, but I'm a bit confuse).

3. Do I need to enclose my wife's birth certificate in the I-130 package, I heard somebody said it is necessary, but I couldn't find this based on I-130 filing instruction. It appears that the marriage certificate is the only document needed.

Thanks.

151958[/snapback]

HI, welcome to CFL..

I have been through the I-130 process and here is what I did:

question 15.... your wife's employment in China

question 17.... list your wife and any children she has that will immigrate with her

Include a copy of your wife's birth certificate, and a translated copy that is notarized.

If your wife has children, you will need an I-130 for each.

Good luck and if you need more info, PM me.

Hank

Hi,

Please pay very close attention to Question #22 and #23 in Form I-130. Significant delay to the process can happen in the future at USCIS if you don't fill out the correct answer. It happended to my case in CSC and I had to inquire assistance from the congressmen office.

Please email me if you have specific questions regarding I-130.

Sincerely,

Hi, thank for all your input. After read all your posts and thought a while, this is what i am going to do.

1. write my wife's empolyment in china

2. my name alone because we don't have kids

3. enclosed my wife's birth certificated (just in case it's required)

any more advises are welcome

remember, you are the petitioner, and your wife is the beneficiary, the questions are pretty clear, but you have to be sure to read them fully, for husband/wife.... it would depend on your status as wife or husband, in this case you will need to put your wifes name on question 17, not yours........

remember, you are the petitioner, and your wife is the beneficiary, the questions are pretty clear, but you have to be sure to read them fully, for husband/wife.... it would depend on your status as wife or husband, in this case you will need to put your wifes name on question 17, not yours........

152031[/snapback]

Not right. On 17, you put down your wife's children (if any). No need to put her name since you already did that in C1. Look at the link below.

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/INS-Form-I-130.pdf

152031[/snapback]

Not right. On 17, you put down your wife's children (if any). No need to put her name since you already did that in C1. Look at the link below.

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/INS-Form-I-130.pdf

152038[/snapback]

oh, i c. just leave 17 blank. thanks.