she sounds SCARY

izus

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Her reputation and nick name was started by the ladies on 001. It seems she is famous for being hard nosed, rude and mean. I have heard a few reports by some of our members that she is indeed hardnosed but it also seems most mangage to pass. One must also consider though that it appears that CFL members have a higher success rate than the norm.

We had her, or someone who my SO thought was her.

We had discussed the likelihood of getting her before the interview, and I bolstered my SO's confidence saying that it does not matter who she gets, because we are prepared for all possibilities. (My SO did say afterwards, that the prior discussions we had about this possibility helped her confidence, especially the moment she saw who she was going to interview her).

I felt, and my SO agreed based on her reading of past interviews on 001, that people who get her seem to have a higher probability of being the ones who have more questionable or unusual situations. We think she gets assigned the perceived, trickier cases.

We prepared accordingly , thinking that we fell into this catagory.

Based on my reading from other CFL interviews, it appears that being prepared, based on your own circumstances is what matters. CFL members should certainly be better prepared than the average person considering the wealth of resources here. You should read the post in the faqs concerning the blue slip list, and using that go back and read about these problems and prepare to avoid them, and any others specific to your own situation

yes, I agree, Be Prepared

The information available to us here at CFL is wonderful, so let's use the resources......

Frankly it embarresses me to have her referred to in that way. My travels in China and Russia indicate that there is considerable prejudice towards blacks. I think this is nothing more than that. End of story

151268[/snapback]

I don't think "black pearl" is any more derogatory than "glasses boy" who is white but at any rate it wasn't CFL who labeled her. It was 001. The nickname stuck and from what I have heard the reputation is well deserved. She seems to have cooled off in recent months perhaps due to a lot of complaining about her. There is also a black man VO that from all accounts I have heard is very nice so I don't think racism is the root of the reputation.

Frankly it embarresses me to have her referred to in that way. My travels in China and Russia indicate that there is considerable prejudice towards blacks. I think this is nothing more than that. End of story

151268[/snapback]

I second that.

She's just a VO. I recall more passes than denials for some time. I refuse to say anything to my SO about any one particular VO. Just be prepared and don't worry about who you get...

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew

Most reputations are earned. A winner rises above being unfairly targeted. It's pretty cheesy to suggest that someone is unfairly targeted strictly because of the color of their skin.

Combine the known prejudice that exists with the following question: Would the name still be "black widow" had the person been a white VO ?

Doesn't take a degree at all to figure that out.

A few VOs have earned a reputation for their hardness... it's a bit tasteless to make a point of who they are with their skin color.