While some of the data below is suspect, based on it for the past year and the sequencing of P4 data, it appears that the average wait time on the name check is around 60 days. Meaning within any P3 to P4 letter date group, the average appears to be 60 days because one could not get a P4 quicker than 80 days from a P3.....so far. (add in the the notice time of 60 and 30 days to a name check time, and we see the low is 90 days and high is 120 days on average).

This is why I think unless we see a reduction in name check times, we won't see much less time for the P4s......unless there is a procedure change that allows for an instant interview assignment the moment the name check clears. But that would require a different way of doing the paperwork at Guangzhou. Right now assignments are in 60 day and 30 days groups. Is this a prelude for faster interviews? Check behind the curtain.

Basically I would not worry until your P3 letter date group is very close to its P4 time, and you still have not gotten a name check cleared. I also would call DOS once a week to ask for the status.

Number of days from P3 computer entry to Name check cleared.

Will NVC know the exact date of P3 computer entry?

I got my GUZ number and received a reply from NVCINQUIRY that as long as the FBI completes the name check, they will send the case to GZ. Are these all indications that my case is in NVC's computer?

I am asking this since I was told that GUZ number was assigned before it arrives at NVC and I am doutful if NVC just sent me some automated reply which is useless if that way...