Divide and Conquer

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You may want to avoid the drag look for your appointment in GZ.... :lol:

Dave

Mick will probably get arrested before he gets within 100 meters from the gate.. :lol:

that's why I said, his sweetie ought not to shop and save the bail money in my last top10

I have total confidence in mick btw.. ahemm.... :)

Reminds me.... Look at this hilarious pic ...

George meets JP2 Sorry kids.. I cracked up on that one....Check out the Osama and Saddam section too.... Tooooo funny...

Just kidding buddy :-) Go get'em !!

I will don my devil's advocate hat to generate some discussion.

1. Putting visa issuance on a strict interview date will slow everyone except the first person at its inception, and perhaps even them. If we say as of Monday, only the oldest interview date can receive their visa. Let's also say, the first one hasn't cleared but GZ has 50 clearances ready to go with later interview dates. This would cause those 50, and any received from then on, to wait until the first one is processed. Is this what you are suggesting?

2. It appears that staff shortage is a key problem in getting the clearances entered so the visa can be issued. Posting cleared case numbers would be done by whom? The same person who could be entering clearances?

3. Either of these options would require a new step in the procedure. I seriously question the wisdom of adding anything new to an already unstable process. A very recent example is the resubmission debacle which only caused additional problems and delays.

I will be interested in seeing what other folks think.

-Don H

Don, follow up your discussion. Let me answer you item by item.

1. I stated that “We demand that the name check be done in the sequential queue in the order of the consular interview date.”. Where in my text made you feel that I wanted to hold visa issuance even when the name check is cleared? The order is applied to the originally name check. Naturally, if FBI found a hold for an applicant after the name clearance, an indicator would be entered to the system. Those exception cases would not hold the over-all process

2. I stated that the first priority should be the in-order name check. In this situation, we only need two numbers per day, the total clearance and the latest interview date that the name clearance has reached. How much time do you think it takes?

3. Do you think that it is a challenge task to extract the file in the order of interview date knowing those dates are already in computer? I do not think that it is a technical issue. The government just does not want to process in order for purpose of hiding the real problems and for keeping us in darkness.

Do you suggest that we just wait, and not ask any thing to the government? If you want the goverment do something, what is the first thing you want to demand on the government?

I will don my devil's advocate hat to generate some discussion.

1. Putting visa issuance on a strict interview date will slow everyone except the first person at its inception, and perhaps even them. If we say as of Monday, only the oldest interview date can receive their visa. Let's also say, the first one hasn't cleared but GZ has 50 clearances ready to go with later interview dates. This would cause those 50, and any received from then on, to wait until the first one is processed. Is this what you are suggesting?

2. It appears that staff shortage is a key problem in getting the clearances entered so the visa can be issued. Posting cleared case numbers would be done by whom? The same person who could be entering clearances?

3. Either of these options would require a new step in the procedure. I seriously question the wisdom of adding anything new to an already unstable process. A very recent example is the resubmission debacle which only caused additional problems and delays.

I will be interested in seeing what other folks think.

-Don H

Don, follow up your discussion. Let me answer you item by item.

1. I stated that “We demand that the name check be done in the sequential queue in the order of the consular interview date.”. Where in my text made you feel that I wanted to hold visa issuance even when the name check is cleared? The order is applied to the originally name check. Naturally, if FBI found a hold for an applicant after the name clearance, an indicator would be entered to the system. Those exception cases would not hold the over-all process

2. I stated that the first priority should be the in-order name check. In this situation, we only need two numbers per day, the total clearance and the latest interview date that the name clearance has reached. How much time do you think it takes?

3. Do you think that it is a challenge task to extract the file in the order of interview date knowing those dates are already in computer? I do not think that it is a technical issue. The government just does not want to process in order for purpose of hiding the real problems and for keeping us in darkness.

Do you suggest that we just wait, and not ask any thing to the government? If you want the goverment do something, what is the first thing you want to demand on the government?

Jason. Chill out. I agree 200% with you.. Yet, applying rationale, logic, and "what they ought to be doing" stuff won't help.... We know that by now don't we?

It just keeps us busy thinking ,,,, How was this FUBAR deal was even possible in the first place?

2. I stated that the first priority should be the in-order  name check. In this situation, we only need two numbers per day, the total clearance and the latest interview date that the name clearance has reached. How much time do you think it takes?

If you have ever been to GZ in person, or even talked to some of them on the phone, you would know that waking up in the morning is probably a challenge for half the people down there. :lol: :D :lol:

Jason. Chill out. I agree 200% with you.. Yet, applying rationale, logic, and "what they ought to be doing" stuff won't help.... We know that by now don't we?

It just keeps us busy thinking ,,,, How was this FUBAR deal was even possible in the first place?

Eric, please teach me more. I thought that this is a discussion forum to exchange ideas and information, and then organize the efforts of fighting for our rights. You are saying this forum is not for logic thinking? If logic thinking is still allowed, but you do not like thinking, you do not have to follow up, do you?

Eric, please teach me more. I thought that this is a discussion forum to exchange ideas and information, and then organize the efforts of fighting for our rights. You are saying this forum is not for logic thinking? If logic thinking is still allowed, but you do not like thinking, you do not have to follow up, do you?

jason.. Like I said. Chill out... I have about 1000+ posts to say I am CONCERNED and PISSED OFF. And Logic too....

Read back....from mid November on OK?

Guys, back me up on this OK ??

Frankly, my answer to you was genuine, yet maybe a bit rash, then again, I do own the right to be rash having interviewed 8/1/02..

:lol:

Boys! Boys! Boys! There is no logic to any of this. DOS has it's hands full with war and those Frenchmen don't want a good clean war! Go figure!!! Keep the testosterone levels acceptable, please. Doctor told me no sex for 6 weeks so what the heck is another two weeks?

I think Eric is trying to tell you is this situation is beyond logic--it's theater of the absurd: Samual Beckett, not Spock.

I believe it could not be put in sequential order because the files, the backup paperwork is not in order. When the delay first began, the consulate had to rent actual warehouse space to store the boxes full of files. I would not be surprised if a huge part of the problem is that in order to process a cleared case they have to be able to pull the file and if the file is in a box at the warehouse I suspect they might just skip over that case and work on something else instead. It could be just this mundane and pitiful of an excuse. I am only speculating here about why the delay continues but it is true that the volume of paperwork is staggering. Other people have posted their belief that probably a great many of our cases really are already cleared but the clearances are not being put into the system by GZ because for some reason they are not ready to work on them yet. If there was some physical problem with handling all those boxes full of papers that would explain a lot, as illogical as that might be. :lol:

I miss my sweet wife so much. :lol:

Jason,

You are missing Eric's sense of humor. Or do you prefer humour, Eric? Believe me he is as upset as anyone. Well, maybe not as upset as me, but pretty close. Besides he is French, they are supposed to be cynical! :lol:

I am planning to suggest some courses of action including Don's. They don't seem to be capable of generating a course of action of their own.

I believe it could not be put in sequential order because the files, the backup paperwork is not in order.  When the delay first began, the consulate had to rent actual warehouse space to store the boxes full of files.  I would not be surprised if a huge part of the problem is that in order to process a cleared case they have to be able to pull the file and if the file is in a box at the warehouse I suspect they might just skip over that case and work on something else instead.  It could be just this mundane and pitiful of an excuse.  I am only speculating here about why the delay continues but it is true that the volume of paperwork is staggering.  Other people have posted their belief that probably a great many of our cases really are already cleared but the clearances are not being put into the system by GZ because for some reason they are not ready  to work on them yet.  If there was some physical problem with handling all those boxes full of papers that would explain a lot, as illogical as that might be.  :lol:

I miss my sweet wife so much. ;)

Robert, thanks for explanation. With that, I do not need to read from November through today to understand the situation.

I realize from Robert message that the files are physical paper files, not computer data as I imagined. That explained everything. I need some time to accept this fact. What country and what time do I live?

Please forgive me if I said anything that confuse a few advanced members. Give me some time to catch up.