correspondence and residency

I have a question about correspondence...well, it's like this. My SO and I don't have any. Not one letter, one email or any chat records. The reason for this is that I have been living in China the entire time that I have known her. Which brings up another question. Residency. I've heard of some Visa cases being denied because the petitioner cannot demonstrate a domicile in the united states. What does that mean, exactly? On all the apps I've filled out, I've always put down that I live with my mother in the US...even though I haven't been back to the US in about 2 years. During the 2 years since I went back to the US we've always traveled and never spent the whole 2 years in one place. We would work in one city, then after about 3 or 4 months, we would go on to another place in China. Would this be ok and enough to keep US residency status?

My SO's interview is comming up pretty soon and I seem to be stressing over every little bit.

Well you would like to think that they will be able to put 2 + 2 together and come up with that fact that your living together, so that should not be a problem for the correspondence. I seem to recall someone dealing with the domicile issue provided a lease agreement for proof. If you have been using your mom's address for everything, have her get a standard lease agreement at the local Office Max and lease the place to you.

I have a question about correspondence...well, it's like this. My SO and I don't have any. Not one letter, one email or any chat records. The reason for this is that I have been living in China the entire time that I have known her. Which brings up another question. Residency. I've heard of some Visa cases being denied because the petitioner cannot demonstrate a domicile in the united states. What does that mean, exactly? On all the apps I've filled out, I've always put down that I live with my mother in the US...even though I haven't been back to the US in about 2 years. During the 2 years since I went back to the US we've  always traveled and never spent the whole 2 years in one place. We would work in one city, then after about 3 or 4 months, we would go on to another place in China. Would this be ok and enough to keep US residency status?

My SO's interview is comming up pretty soon and I seem to be stressing over every little bit.

150792[/snapback]

how about photos? You need to provide any documentation that you can to prove the relationship. If you can do that, based on the fact you have been in China the last 2 years, you should't have much of a problem. Good luck!

Unless you have major assets or a fat cat job in China, proving you can support her might be the real hurdle. Is having an average co-sponser enough? I moved back to the U.S. to get a higher paying job and establish a U.S. residence. See what extra evidence you can come up with to show you can pay the bills. Maybe she will need it--maybe not.