How many pictures

how many pictues should we bring to the interview, and in what form? I've read that at the interview there's only a tiny slot to push through documents so bringing the photo album will be out of the question.

Should they be filled with recent photos only? We have some older photos taken together when she was still a student when we hadn't "fallen in love's river" yet.

Would a couple of those free mini albums that you get at walmart when you develop your pictures be enough? (50 or so pics) Would they be too big to fit through the slot?

I don't think there is a magic number, but it would be good to show the two of you together and with others. A range of pictures that show you're relationship over a period of time is a good idea. Date stamps on the photos are desirable.

I'm not sure how big the slot in the window would be, but it must be large enough to pass full size documents and if the 50 photo album won't fit then she should just open it and start showing the pictures and tell the VO about them as she goes through the album. If needed she can pass individual photos through the window.

The instructions are so vague as to what could be presented to the VO or what constitutes a relationship. I believe that hearing her tell about the things you have done together as she shows the photos would probably be convincing enough as I am positive she will absolutely glow as she tells her story and if that is not enough evidence in itself the VO would have to be blind and deaf.

There is no "right" number of pictures to bring. Bring a number of pictures you feel represent your relationship's history, including pictures of family members and friends that you and your SO have taken pictures with. Try not to overwhelm the VO with too many pictures that won't mean much to him.

There is no "right" number of pictures to bring. Bring a number of pictures you feel represent your relationship's history, including pictures of family members and friends that you and your SO have taken pictures with. Try not to overwhelm the VO with too many pictures that won't mean much to him.

147666[/snapback]

I tend to agree. Jingwen brought maybe a dozen or so actual pictures of us together and with family - no ceremonial wedding pictures though.

In addition, I printed out maybe a hundred or so pictures, four or six to a page, which was assembled as part of one of the binders. The VO didn't bother with these, but we had them just in case.

I doubt there is an actual threshold in terms of numbers. We took about 50 but the interviewer only looked at two. One thing we did, since we had been together for four years at the time of the interview, was to take photos from every year of our relationship. In different photos, Li's hair was different lengths, thus giving an impression of a long relationship, which it was.

147666[/snapback]

I tend to agree. Jingwen brought maybe a dozen or so actual pictures of us together and with family - no ceremonial wedding pictures though.

In addition, I printed out maybe a hundred or so pictures, four or six to a page, which was assembled as part of one of the binders. The VO didn't bother with these, but we had them just in case.

147686[/snapback]

I think Frank's gets my vote...

My SO suggested just 12 photos... and we'll have some extra aside. Informal and together. A few with family best.

Based on past interviews, I wrote this comment into the FAQ :

Group photos and correspondence into early, middle, recent ... some have been asked to see "early pictures" or "recent correspondence".

This is just to ease finding whatever they might ask for...

ok...I got all of that.

I have anooder keshton tho'. I have some sticker books that my wife and I made with her sister and some of her cousins. If you've ever lived in China, y'all prolly know what I'm talking about. They're made in this kind of photo booth where you can get your picture taken cartoon style, or like on the cover of a magazine, then put on a small sticker. It's really silly, actually.

So, should I or shouldn't I bring these?

ok...I got all of that.

I have anooder keshton tho'.  I have some sticker books that my wife and I made with her sister and some of her cousins. If you've ever lived in China, y'all prolly know what I'm talking about. They're made in this kind of photo booth where you can get your picture taken cartoon style, or like on the cover of a magazine, then put on a small sticker. It's really silly, actually.

148461[/snapback]

We got those and a cute DVD of them playing with some background love song. Real cute.

Why not include?

ok...I got all of that.

I have anooder keshton tho'.  I have some sticker books that my wife and I made with her sister and some of her cousins. If you've ever lived in China, y'all prolly know what I'm talking about. They're made in this kind of photo booth where you can get your picture taken cartoon style, or like on the cover of a magazine, then put on a small sticker. It's really silly, actually.

148461[/snapback]

We got those and a cute DVD of them playing with some background love song. Real cute.

Why not include?

148463[/snapback]

Sure. But make sure you bring the regular photos. My wife brought 20 photos to the interview and the VO (a Chinese lady) looked at only one photo.

Why not include?

148463[/snapback]

Be sure to bring a DVD player also, the consulate doesn't accept DVD's for overcome processes so................................. :huh:

Why not include?

148463[/snapback]

Be sure to bring a DVD player also, the consulate doesn't accept DVD's for overcome processes so................................. :lol:

148473[/snapback]

And maybe a power adaptor to be safe... :huh:

147666[/snapback]

147686[/snapback]

Why do you say NO CEREMONIAL PHOTOS?????

Scott

147666[/snapback]

147686[/snapback]

Why do you say NO CEREMONIAL PHOTOS?????

Scott

148853[/snapback]

This is usually a K1 advice.. since you are married, it is not as confusing an issue. Many K1s have 'ceremony' like pictures.

The general idea is to provide 'informal' pictures.. particularly with family is good... pictures that are not 'staged' by a professional, but are evidenced by casually being together...

Guest ShaQuaNew

Pics about vacations, weddings, fun weekends, are always most important to those that are directly involved. Ask the new proud father for a picture of his new baby and you'll get the whole album.

The reason pictures are requested as part of the visa validation process is to determine whether or not there is a valid relationship and not one of those pay the American guy to marry so I can get a ticket to the US kinda thing.

To be sure, most VOs don't have the time to sit with you while we reminisce with photo album in hand. Still might be a good idea to have it with you, but 3 or 4 pics should be sufficient.

As for ceremonial photos, not a good idea for those doing K1 as it may take on the appearance of having already secretly married. Even though that might not be the case....