Case tracking

THANKS FOR THE TIP..IT'S NOT IN THEIR AUTOMATED SYSTEM YET....AGRGGGH!

147558[/snapback]

call them at 7:30 am, you will be able to get through most likely

My case was approved again on July 12, and sent to NVC July 14. I called NVC, and they said they don't have it! I believe there's a way for me to track . but I don't remember how. Can someone give me a refresher ?

Thanks,

Alex

147529[/snapback]

Alex,

You say your case has been approved again and sent to NVC. Have you received an approval notice from USCIS? or did you find out that it was approved by the online case status look-up?

If CIS approved it and sent it to NVC, it could take some time between the transfer. 5 weeks does sound a little long though and if it is in limbo between CIS and NVC, well, I don't think there is any earthly way of finding out.

Keep calling the NVC until they acknowledge it.

-good luck

Alex, I'm totally lost. Why would it be sent to NVC rather than GZ? Don't tell me they're going to make you run through the whole damn process again?

147585[/snapback]

The Master picked up on a good clue, I guess thats why he's in charge,

Call DOS instead of NVC....Maybe it's already on its way to GUZ???

I've got all my fingers and toes crossed for you :)

Here it is in a nutshell...

It's been over a month since I received the approval notice, I was told (by the liasons office), it would go to NVC before going to Guangzhou.

I called NVC two days ago and the live operator told me that cases going through a second time are not inputed into their computer...and that the petition would go straight to GZ. On the same day I asked my attorney do inquire as to what the hell is going on.

Yesterday I spoke to a live moron at DOS, who sounded pissed and would hardly let me finish my questions. By far the rudest, dumbest, most unmannered ass I've spoken to in the last 18 months. Honestly, some people need to get fired!! The only information she had was from earlier this year...she said I had been revoked..I said "no", the petition was returned for possible revocation, then approved again on July 12 2005...she says, "no. it was revoked"...Do we have a f****d up system or what? Anyway, she had no idea where my petition was...and she probably doesn't know where babies come from...

Today I went on-line with my GZ number, and the USCIS has no record of it for now. I received response from my attnys office...they are trying to track my case, but there is a possibility by case is "lost" somewhere. Their inquiry is expected to take a week for a response. If the case is lost, my attorney has to "reconstruct" the case by submitting my I-129 again.

I still DON'T know if my case is supposed to stop at NVC, cause i get different answers...worse yet, my case is in unknown place . I'm no lawyer, but vertainly I have a right to a strong lawsuit by now...this is just plain negligence. I honestly wish i could find a bulldog attorney who would sue for me on a contingency basis...I can't believe they can just do this kind of thing to me over and over again!

I submitted my I130 and it was received on April 22. My notice date is May 4. I know it was sent to the California service center but my number doesn't show up on the web site. My lawyer talked to the local office and they told him that it was being processed. That was 2 weeks ago. Any suggestions? :huh:

Well I guess I would start with the USCIS 1-800-Help You Not Line. It seems about one out of every 100 calls actually result in some kind of decent answer, you never know you might be the 100th caller :huh: