Purchasing return tickets

Been debating whether we should buy the return trip tickets before the interview or wait.

On the one hand, if we don't get the visa, could cost extra to change the tickets

On the other hand, if we wait until after the interview, we will only have a few days until we must leave (lack of vacation), so we risk not getting a flight on the necessary date or paying through the nose.

What are others doing?

We laid it all on the table, I bought all of the tickets, two round trips for me and my son and two one ways for her and her son. With vacation time restaints there wasn't any wriggle room, I wanted us all on the same flights and sitting together.

We Lucked Out, No problems........but it could have been a real mess :rolleyes:

Paul,

Since your SO's interview is in Sept (same time as GZ fair), getting a ticket later might be difficult if you don't buy rt. When I tried to change my wife's ticket last week, the first available seat was on 9/7 (Cathay Air leaving HK).Talk to a travel agent for advice.

My ticket there is using frequent flyer miles, so its free!

So i bought a one way ticket for my fiancee, and hope we get out of there in time. I gave us about a week to "overcome" any difficulties so we'll see.

i also wanted to make sure we were on the same flights and seats next to each other. her first time out of the country, and my first flight back not alone, together means a lot to me.

That is my plan too, when I decide to bring her back, I will allow a couple of weeks after the interview for the return.... I will buy R/T for me, and 2 one ways for her and her daughter...