Hi all,

I am hoping that someof you veterans will be able to help to ease the stress factor for me at this point.

I have written to GUZ several times trying to find out where the P4 Packet is and today she finally got an email stating that they will post it today. But here is what has me worried:

They sent me an email last week stating :

Dear Mr. Taylor,

Please submit her update Chinese address to us. Once we receive it, we will re-send the packet to her.

Oh I was So Freeking pissed. As How in the world can you have her information & yet not her address? It's beyond me.

Any way I replied:

Hello,

This email is on responce to your last email to me asking me for

Liqiu's updated postal address. I can not believe that with all of the

documents that you should currently have on hand in reguards to this case, that

you do not have her Correct Mailing address?

Either way, since you are asking for this information, and I am impatiently awaiting for her to rejoin with me here in the USA after me spending an entire 3 months with her at her home.

Liqiu Zhou's Postal address is:

xxxxxxxxxxx

Would you be so kind as to tell me just when I might recieve MY copy of

the P4 Interview papers here at my home in NC. Because if push comes to a

shove, I will just Fed EX my copyies to her. just so that she will have them.

Please be sure to include ALL of the information that you will be

needing from her at the time of the interview, as I left with her just about if

not Everything I could possibly think of that you may want or should ask for.

They had sent me an email earlier stating that her interview was scheduled in september of 2005 & that she should be recieving her instruction packet.

Now they next tell me that they do not have HER Correct address, Next, they write to her AFTER she writes to them, stating that they are sending the papers to her TODAY.And Finally, I HAVEN'T Revieved MY Copies?

Can someone tell me if I should be recieving a copy of the P4 packet,

and if so, about how long from the date.

Thanks,

I'll go bang my head on the wood pile now

Okay, take a deep breath. First, unless things have changed, you will not receive the P4 or even a copy of the P4. She will, so check that off your "things to worry about" list. Your timeline says the P4 was received on August 1st. Did you mean to say that GZ said they mailed it on August 1st, but she hasn't received it? Here I'm a little confused, but I'm going to assume that the P4 was never received.

Second, if you remember that GZ never makes a mistake, then dealing with them becomes easier. They may have sent the original P4 to the wrong address or they may have neglected to send one. In either case, it really doesn't matter. Just make sure they know where to "re-send" the P4. I had the same problem with Jingwen's P3 and ended up providing them with Jingwen's address in Chinese hanzi characaters again (actually several times) before they said they would "re-send" the package. Yeah, ok, re-send it but get on the stick. For Jingwen, the re-sent packet arrived after a few days. Do I think they sent the packet the first time? - no sense is trying to solve this little mystery. It was more important just to get the P3 is her hands. The same for you. Just get the P4 is her hands.

I would recommend one last e-mail to GZ requesting that they confirm that they, in fact, sent the P4 to your fiancee.

Good Advice, there. Thanks. TO help with the confusion, It was Aug the 1st when I recieved an email from them stating that her interview was scheduled in September and that they were mailing her her papers.

It is doing all that I can do as to not bite off my toung or chew off my arms as I am so wanting to go back there, clean office & then show them just how an office should be ran :bangin:

Guest ShaQuaNew
My SO seemed to get her P4 a bit late.. then we just did an inventory last night of the papers and she is missing about four documents  :wub:

So, her idea to now go to BJ this week to get the medical has been delayed...  :(

146945[/snapback]

....okay, wait....for those of us seeing this for the first time, are you saying that a package didn't include everything that it was supposed to have?

If that is so, what was it missing? Do you know why? Was it incompetence? Were they forms that you can simply gather from the Net and complete, or were these forms that contain special information and must be received from the Consulate.....

:(

My SO seemed to get her P4 a bit late.. then we just did an inventory last night of the papers and she is missing about four documents  :wub:

So, her idea to now go to BJ this week to get the medical has been delayed...  :(

146945[/snapback]

....okay, wait....for those of us seeing this for the first time, are you saying that a package didn't include everything that it was supposed to have?

If that is so, what was it missing? Do you know why? Was it incompetence? Were they forms that you can simply gather from the Net and complete, or were these forms that contain special information and must be received from the Consulate.....

:(

146947[/snapback]

It was missing:

1) GNI-2

2) GIV-24

3) OF-171

4) Certification of legal capacity and intent to marry

Oversight, incompetence.. it all translates to something was missed...

I have them on my computer (from the CFL location)... I do know that the OF-171 on CFL is slightly outdated.. I asked in threads if anyone could provide a scanned update but never got one. But I'll just use the one on CFL.

I'm sending her the files in email.. if she cannot get them printed off, I'll email GUZ to send them out. Also sending her files of some pre-filled in.

---

Here is the K1 list of P4 docs for reference:

The Appointment packet includes:

Appointment letter in English

K-1 appointment (packet 4) letter

Appointment letter for immigrant visa applications (OF-171)

Important notice in Chinese (for photograph specifications)

Supplemental form GNI-2

Certification of legal capacity and intent to marry

Family composition sheet (GIV-24)

Medical examination instructions (GIV-8)

Medical examination for immigrant or refugee applicant (DS-2053)

Chest X-ray and classification worksheet (DS-3024)

Vaccination documentation worksheet (DS-3025)

Medical history and physical examination worksheet (DS-3026)

Nonimmigrant visa application (DS-156) and nonimmigrant visa application for applicants 16 years and older (DS-157) (two sets)

Nonimmigrant fiancé(e) visa application (DS-156K)

Guest ShaQuaNew
missing documents:

1) GNI-2

2) GIV-24

3) OF-171

4) Certification of legal capacity and intent to marry

Oversight, incompetence.. it all translates to something was missed...

Here is the K1 list of P4 docs for reference:

The Appointment packet includes:

Appointment letter in English

K-1 appointment (packet 4) letter

Appointment letter for immigrant visa applications (OF-171)

Important notice in Chinese (for photograph specifications)

Supplemental form GNI-2

Certification of legal capacity and intent to marry

Family composition sheet (GIV-24)

Medical examination instructions (GIV-8)

Medical examination for immigrant or refugee applicant (DS-2053)

Chest X-ray and classification worksheet (DS-3024)

Vaccination documentation worksheet (DS-3025)

Medical history and physical examination worksheet (DS-3026)

Nonimmigrant visa application (DS-156) and nonimmigrant visa application for applicants 16 years and older (DS-157) (two sets)

Nonimmigrant fiancé(e) visa application (DS-156K)

146950[/snapback]

....THANKS....

Is there a list posted anywhere here, other than the one on the USCIS website that lists the acceptable dated versions for each form?