I am concerned that if I bug GUZ via their Web Question Form (WQF) too much, they might retaliate by delaying processing. On the other hand, if I do bug them, it also demonstrates my/our concern and persistence. Any suggestions/thoughts? Thanks, Newbie… :rolleyes:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Join ASF (asiafriendfinder.com) early September, 2003

First contact with SO via ASF early September, 2003

Begin communicating via e-mail instead of using ASF: 9/10/03

1yr+ & 1000+ emails, 2 weeks w/SO in Beijing & GUZ, meet daughter: 12/04

I-129-F sent 12/22/04

I-129F received by INS: 12/28/04

Request for Evidence (my Divorce Decree) sent by DHS: 2/18/05 (I had mistakenly sent my Divorce “Findings of Facts…”)

Certified Divorce Decree sent to DHS on: 3/10/05

I-797 NOA dated: 3/18/05

2 weeks w/SO & daughter in Beijing & Xian: March/April, 05

GUZ sends letter indicating P3 will be sent to SO: 4/8/2005

P3 returned to GUZ by mail: 5/24/05

P3 delivered to GUZ White Swan Location: 5/26/05 (postal receipt)

P3-Web Question Form (WQF) sent requesting confirmation of P3 receipt: 6/6/05

P3-GUZ responds to WQF indicating P3 has not been received: 6/12/05

P3- Send 2nd WFQ informing them postal receipt confirming 5/26 P3 delivery: 6/13/05

P3-SO snail-mails second P3 to GUZ: 6/15/05

P3-GUZ responds to 2nd WQF confirming P3 has been received: 6/17/05

P4-WQF for estimate on when P4 might be sent: 7/28/05

P4-GUZ responds by email to WQF but my mail server rejects their reply: 7/31/05

P4-2nd WQF, explain their email reply lost, request resend of response: 8/2/05

P4-No response from GUZ to date…????? 8/13/05

Welcome to CFL, I see this is your first post, and it's a good one... look though some of the threads, and FAQ's....

you'll find plenty of opinions on this, but here is mine, I wouldn't inquire more than once every 3 or 4 weeks, you are in the chute now..... and it seems not out of line with the timelines that have preceded you.... try some cheetos, enjoy the ride, and relax!!! :rolleyes:

Edited by hankhoude (see edit history)

:rolleyes: Welcome Aboard :lol:

I emailed Guangzhou at least every two weeks from the point in which DHL showed it delivered our file to them. I was always polite, not negative or demanding, I would thank them and let them know how much I appreciated there help. I would always have a point question, not always "when is our appointment", and I tried to personalize the letter. I would tell them how we all missed each other, how our sons were very excited to be together, how much we all loved each other, how to plan for our trip because my son and I were coming over to be there for the interview......etc.................I think it all helped with them understanding our devotion to each other and that our children were very involved. Their interveiw was quick and easy and I think that played a part....Good Luck to You and Yours

I agree with Hank's timing of once every 3-4 weeks to wake them up once in a while. I alternated the emails with calls to DOS beginning two months after the NOA2.

You can find the DOS number in links and resources. I am not posting it here purposely so you will look through the resources which are valuable in making it through the process. Also learn to use the search feature as there is much material of value on many related subjects to the visa process.

Good luck now start posting to past the time to interview.

Thanks Dan, but I also agree with the style that Gene mentioned, and your advice to MrEngineer is something I could have used too........ :lol: would have saved me and others some time.... but not have been as much fun!!! :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am concerned that if I bug GUZ via their Web Question Form (WQF) too much, they might retaliate by delaying processing. On the other hand, if I do bug them, it also demonstrates my/our concern and persistence. Any suggestions/thoughts?0„2 Thanks,0„2 Newbie? :rolleyes:

146358[/snapback]

I believe the emails are responded to in one of the following ways:

!) With a quick ( in as little as 3 or 4 hours), personalized response addressing the question

2) with a form letter (after 5 or 6 days) which only vaguely addresses the issue

3) or with action if they realize they had dropped your ball

and that the best thing to do is to wait until you can expect a favorable response or a serious answer. In your case, that would be about 1 month after the last round of P4's.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

It was the popular consensus at one time to email GZ at least once a week. The established record of emails would show a genuine commitment to the relationship and can only be beneficial to ones case. Besides, to hold ones case up over persistant emailing would be petty, not to mention against the law.

~So email away! (but within reason of course)