Updated Intent to Marry

I recall Jim stating the medical personnel telling him he needed a notarized "Intent to Marry" to be collected from him (which they did not have), stating wanting to get clarification from GUZ.. but he never stated the final outcome..

Letter of Intent to Marry, Are there two?

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10935

Anyone having an interview this year who can clarify if they gave the "Intent to Marry" at the medical exam ?

---

I realized that my SO doesn't have that one piece of paper yet from me, since we were going to go once I was there.. now she's talking of going before I get to China... :ph34r:

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)

I would be curious to know too. I wonder if it depends on the hospital giving the medical exam?

My fiancee will go next week to get the medical exam done. She has a copy of my original letter, that was notarized and submitted with my original papers, and I am in the process of writing a more recent one now.

I'll have her bring the copy of the original when she goes just in case, and we'll see if its even asked for at that time.

I don't think this was mentioned anywhere in the P4 papers that it is required for the medical exam.

I would be curious to know too. I wonder if it depends on the hospital giving the medical exam?

My fiancee will go next week to get the medical exam done.  She has a copy of my original letter, that was notarized and submitted with my original papers, and I am in the process of writing a more recent one now.

I'll have her bring the copy of the original when she goes just in case, and we'll see if its even asked for at that time.

I don't think this was mentioned anywhere in the P4 papers that it is required for the medical exam.

146163[/snapback]

It's one of those 'GUZ' things.. stated no where, but gets started because someone was asked for it and it then gets written on our conscious...

My SO did not give the Intent to marry at the medical, nor was she asked for it.

She received a blank intent to marry as part of the P-4.  The medical should not collect it since she will be sign it later at the embassy during the sign-in and fingerprint process.

146177[/snapback]

Yes, the beneficiary will get one in the P4, which will be signed in front of a VO at the consulate...

---

I am referring to the one from the Petitioner... as an "updated and recently dated" version.

Maybe it was written in a post that the medical facility asked for the Intent to Marry because the facility helps put her documents together for the interview. This may be the reason it was asked for.

Again, why not be over-prepared for this as someone mentioned in a previous post... I believe it was David.

I can't be in China for the interview so I am making sure all bases are covered for Lucy and she has assured me that she is ready. She has everything listed in the P-4 checklist plus+++

Maybe it was written in a post that the medical facility asked for the Intent to Marry because the facility helps put her documents together for the interview. This may be the reason it was asked for.

Again, why not be over-prepared for this as someone mentioned in a previous post... I believe it was David.

I can't be in China for the interview so I am making sure all bases are covered for Lucy and she has assured me that she is ready. She has everything listed in the P-4 checklist plus+++

146204[/snapback]

david who ? :P

My SO wants to make a quick trip to Beijing to see if she can just get it done.. but I suspect she might get asked for it...

As part of the medical exam, and the papers to collect , the "Intent" letter may be the only possible document the SO (of a K1) needs from the beneficiary.. otherwise they can just go do it.

Fujian Provincial Hospital

#134 Bongjie St.

Fuzhou, Fujian

tel : 865917557768-8065 for appointments...

No letter requested when compiling papers for SO

Vaccinations shots from

Healthcare Center of Fujian International Travel

146255[/snapback]

so she was already able to get her vaccination shots?

when my fiancee called one of the hospitals in guangzhou, they said they would not give her the shots until after the interview (until they were sure she had the visa)

not sure why that would matter, if someone wants vaccination shots and is willing to pay for them and needs them, then they should be able to get them.

Yes she recieved 3 shots although when she first asked about them durting her phone appoinment, they told her that she didnt need them and that she would be wasting her money.. I told her that she will need them later once shes here in the states and that it was cheaper to get them there... she told them she wanted the shots and they gave them to her. at the hospital in Fuzhou

seems to me it makes sense to get all the vaccinations, shots, or whatever in China.... cheaper, and over with!!!

seems to me it makes sense to get all the vaccinations, shots, or whatever in China.... cheaper, and over with!!!

146737[/snapback]

This depends on whether or not your company health plan will pick up the tab. If not then get them in China but be prepared to pay 25 -50 dollars to get a civil surgeon here in the US to sign off on it.