Need a little help with a few questions

I just got off the phone with my SO and we went over all the P4 papers and here is a list of questions we are not sure how to answer.. Any help would be appreciated from those that have or are filling these out.

DS157/DS156 forms.....should we download newer unexpired forms and use those or are these ok even though they say they've expired in 2004?

DS156K - THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS MUST BE ATTACHED IN ORDER TO APPLY FOR A VISA

EVIDENCE OF ENGAGEMENT TO YOUR FIANCE

What evidence does she attach?

Family Composition Sheets #5 Petitioner who is this refering to? her or myself.?

GNI-2 #C Is a Totalitarian Party the Communist Party? She was a member of the Communist Party.. does she answer yes here?

I told her to include a letter of explanation as to why she joined in case they request this..( ive also gone over all the threads pertaining to this topic today)

I think I should sent her a check for the waiver fee in case its needed.Hopefully it wont be..

Family composition Sheet #6... does she list my name here?

#7 does she list her name here?

well thats all the unanswered questions we have.... thank you ;)

Edited by Steve and Qingqing (see edit history)

Here's a link to some sample forms filled out.. only covers DS156/157

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10941

As for the GNI-2 communist party issue, I'd say you have to say YES if she was "ever" a member, as the statement says. ( It is the DS-230 which states it a little differently and you could answer NO since it asks if you are a current member...)

Here are other comments I have in the FAQ:

- The DS-156, 156k, and 157 have been provided in both English and Chinese versions.

- you should fill GIV-24 in both English and Chinese.

- Fill out both forms 2 English and 2 Chinese for DS-156 and 2 English and 2 Chinese for DS-157. Make at total of 8 forms.

Still have one unanswered question...

GNI-2 #C Is a Totalitarian Party the Communist Party? She was a member of the Communist Party.. does she answer yes here?

This statement doesnt use the word communist party in it but does mention Totalitarian Party... is that the same thing? If not we can truthfully answer no to this if she has quit before the interview....any thoughts would be greatly appreciated...

1) Check a dictionary or write-up and you'll usually get communism as one the ideological branches of totalitarianism.

2) The GNI-2 text states 'including any subdivision'.

3) The GNI-2 is text almost identical to the DS-230, where the latter is more explicitly states the term 'communism'.. but I'm fairly certain they consider them as basically one and the same meaning to convey.

So, YES .

1) Check a dictionary or write-up and you'll usually get communism as one the ideological branches of totalitarianism.

3) The GNI-2 is text almost identical to the DS-230, where the latter is more explicitly states the term 'communism'.. but I'm fairly certain they consider them as basically one and the same meaning to convey.

So, YES .

144508[/snapback]

communism is actually a social and economic system (American Heritage College dictionary). In actual practice, it usually becomes totalitarian because of the degree of government control - but I'm not disagreeing with the 'YES' advice

So,   YES .

144508[/snapback]

communism is actually a social and economic system (American Heritage College dictionary). In actual practice, it usually becomes totalitarian because of the degree of government control - but I'm not disagreeing with the 'YES' advice

144515[/snapback]

thanks for the clarification..

I didn't explicitly state "Chinese communism as started under Mao" nor Nazi Germany, nor Soviet Union as started under Stalin... but those are the branches I had in mind..

Thanks all... I agree with you.. did some more research from past post and have prepared a statement for her in case they question the Yes response to that question as follows:

The reason I joined the Communist Party was solely for the pupose of obtaining employment. When I was attending Xiamen University, My graduating classmates told me that I needed to join the party if I wanted to get a high paying good job in my field of expertise. Only those students with membership would be the ones that got accepted to the best work organizations..My present job does indeed look at membership as a way of determining the best applicants for the job to hire. I do not believe in the ideals or beliefs of the Communist Party and will no longer be a member of the party once my contract with my current job is over.

Date

Ps. If any of you have any legal questions and are not aware of this site. look here... it is the government manuals pertaining to immagration law and their officers

http://foia.state.gov/REGS/fams.asp?level=2&id=10&fam=0

Edited by Steve and Qingqing (see edit history)

OK - did someone answer the question as to whether it was OK to use the expired forms online or fill in the forms that were in the P4?

Also, on form 156 where it asks for spouse but then says (even if divorced). I assume she says none here. She thinks she should fill in ex's name but I'm not sure

What duplicate forms does she need to fill in for her child? 157, GNI2, GIV24?