Phone Call Evidence Advice

Anyone have any advice about the best way to prove that you call your wife or fiancee often? I always buy phone cards on 1st-usa.com that are like 2 cents/minute so I do not have a phone bill showing that I make international calls? Any advice about how i can prove i call her often? Any advice about where you can get cheap international rates that do not use phone cards where you dial a 1800 number etc. which does not show up on your phone bill?

When I sent in the I-129f, I included 5 spent international phone cards and several months of my cell bill with the local call number circled and the international text messages underlined. When she went to the interview she had a print out of calls from China mobile. It was several yards of receipt like at a cash register - date, number,minutes. When she was there they didn't ask any questions about communication or calls or even look at the phone receipt.

Agree- don't worry about phone records too much. I want to guess that Guz knows computers are replacing phones as the medium of choice.

Phone calls and other detailed paperwork are sometimes requested as overcome evidence for a denial. If that is the case, the denial paperwork is specific about what form the records must take. Recommend that you try not to confuse application requirements with overcome evidence when you do not have the denial paperwork to look at.

For example, the overcome evidence for phone records reads something like this: "Records of telephone contact made by.... verifying the caller's name, address, telephone number, as well as the lenght of each call and the receiver's phone number. If providing evidence of contact, do not submit calling cards as proof. Calling card companies often provide itemized lists of all calls made using those cards. If a company does not offer that service, provide a letter from the company verifying they do not offer this information."

If you ever have to 'prove' that you two talked to each other over the phone, how would you do it ?

This entire process is about the ability to provide 'proof' when asked.

I would recommend you find a solution that allows you to get the evidence of phone calls. Otherwise, your word alone is not sufficient proof.

Some have made recommendations; I use skype.com . Cheap to call cell, free if both sides have it loaded.

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)

For phone calls I use Skype (Internet to phone) and have saved copies of the call lists as well as the PayPal stoking of the account.

We also make heavy use of video conferencing using Ineen. For this I've done numerous screen capture of me talkint to lao po and me talking to my new "second daughter" (important).

I've asembled this material into a few pages using a publishing program and printed them on a color laser. I think it's an easy to understand and compelling summary.

Proof smoof--what they are looking for is evidence of an ongoing relationship. Phone records aren't all that important but don't eleiminate emails and/or snail mail jsut because talking on the phone is fatser better and cheaper. an email a day keep the GZ monster away!! They often ask for emails but I have never heard about them asking for phone bills.

I agree with Trigg on this one. Email is a great record. I would copy the emails in and out bound onto a disc and have it for interview. I even made a screensaver of 4 years of pics together. She took it to interview and gave it to the VO when asked for photos. That was enough and no more evidence was asked for.

Toad,

I would also like to welcome you to CFL, and it seems you have received plenty of advice and all of it is good. Keep copies of everything, as for me I use onesuite.com for my calls.

Good luck!