questions on documents photocopies

I know that most applicants made photocopies of everything in the first application package before they send it out. But unfortunately,my fiancee is an exception. So my questions are:

When will ML request the photocopied ones? For p3?

If new forms for the application are filled in again, are they acceptable for later procedures instead of the photocopies of original ones?

The value of making photo copies is if the original documents are misplaced by the immigration office. as the process unfolds, you will be sent requests for additional fees, and then you will be given additional forms to fill in. Be sure to make copies!! go to the FAQ's links, you will find lots of information on your particular process you are following. Good luck and welcome to Candle!!

btw... you are lucky to start out with the VSC, it has best track record for quick turn-around.

Edited by hankhoude (see edit history)

Since you do not have copies of the originals of the papers sent, you may wish to recreate the forms and have them available for reference. The idea is to have everything Guangzhou "should" have in your file and be able to offer them a replacement if something has been misplaced.

Once your file arrives in Guangzhou the most important items is to make sure you have a few copies of the forms sent to you in Packet 3. I would even suggest making copies of the forms you submit at the interveiw.

When you collect your documents from the Notary, many people suggest getting 3 of each original document. You will want to take one set of the documents and make photocopies of these. When you are at the interview you will be able to submit the copies and keep the original papers, but they must be able to verify the copies with the originals.

You will want to put the other documents in a safe place and bring them with you to the US, because getting new documents can take a long time.

If all goes properly you will arrive in the US with 3 sets of Notary documents and if not you will have 2 sets for the future.

Having copies of everything sent to the government is good because they process so many cases sometimes things get misplaced.

With the K-1 Visa, unless they require additional information from your Fiancee he will only receive NOA1 and NOA2 from VSC. The next contract would be when Guangzhou sends you P3 and the fee involved is would be at the time of the interview. Hank's reference to fees was concerning CR-1 processing.

Edited by LeeFisher3 (see edit history)
I know that most applicants made photocopies of everything in the first application package before they send it out. But unfortunately,my fiancee is an exception. So my questions are:

When will ML request the photocopied ones? For p3?

If new forms for the application are filled in again, are they acceptable for later procedures instead of the photocopies of original ones?

142010[/snapback]

Don't worry too much. I also sent all my originals in the initial application without making any copies.

No copies of these documents were requested by ML (GUZ) again.

As was already noted above, you will fill out new papers after the P-3 and the P-4 arrive at your home. You really should not need anything from the original package, at least, I did not.

Edited by yuehan123 (see edit history)

Hmmm ... this brings up two points:

1. Do documents from the Chinese Notary (very different from US notary) need to be Notary stamped etc or can they just be xeroxed copies?

2. Do copies of things you submit from the US need to be notarized (US meaning) as true copies or can they just be a vist to the company copy machine?

In other words ... how picky is the USG if you're down to providing "copies"?

Hmmm ... this brings up two points:

1. Do documents from the Chinese Notary (very different from US notary) need to be Notary stamped etc or can they just be xeroxed copies?

2. Do copies of things you submit from the US need to be notarized (US meaning) as true copies or can they just be a vist to the company copy machine?

In other words ... how picky is the USG if you're down to providing "copies"?

142141[/snapback]

Jim,

Original documents are not required to be submitted but must be available for verification if requested. It seems that many reports concerning the visa interview do not mention any request to see the originals, but it is reasonable to assume they have the right to verify the copies against the original.

USCIS General Tips on Assembling Applications for Mailing

14. USCIS no longer routinely requires submission of original documents or "certified copies." Instead, ordinary legible photocopies of such documents (including naturalization certificates and alien registration cards) will be acceptable for initial filing and approval of petitions and applications.

At the discretion of the officer, original documents may still be required in individual cases.

The only thing I am aware of that specifically needs to be notarized in the US or at a US Consulate is the I-134 or I-864, which ever applies in your situation, this is stated in the instructions. A special requirement for Guangzhou that is mentioned in Packet 3 is that Tax returns submited with the Affidavit of Support be notarized, my take on this is they are attempting to prevent fraudulent documentation.

Lee,

My case is CR-1, I just sent the I-864 (for the DS-230 to be sent) back to the NVC that will be sent to Guangzhou. Will they request another one? If so it will be the 3rd one requested, as the first one was sent in with the original I-130 application.

Lee,

My case is CR-1, I just sent the I-864 (for the DS-230 to be sent) back to the NVC that will be sent to Guangzhou.  Will they request another one?  If so it will be the 3rd one requested, as the first one was sent in with the original I-130 application.

142177[/snapback]

Hank,

I'm not too familiar with the requirements for CR-1, I understand it is similar to the K-1 through AOS processing in many ways, and we're only half way there. (or almost)

I'd have to defer to someone who has experienced the CR-1 process for fear of leading you down the wrong path.

Lee,

My case is CR-1, I just sent the I-864 (for the DS-230 to be sent) back to the NVC that will be sent to Guangzhou.  Will they request another one?  If so it will be the 3rd one requested, as the first one was sent in with the original I-130 application.

142177[/snapback]

I do believe that you will want to give your wife a current I-864 to have at interveiw time in Guangzhou ;)

Edited by Gene (see edit history)

Thanks guys for providing info, reminding us and referring us to resources in CFL.

I have to admit that I cannot manage to endure this complicated process without your kindly support, ecouraging and very helpful advices. 3x! And I hope that with my visa experience accumulating, I could make some contribution,too.