K3 is approve what is next.

After your k3 case is approve. What are the next steps in processing it.

Does NVC send it by pony express to DOS or do they put it in a bottle an hope a Cat5 hurricane would blow it to Gz. :blink: My question is simply what is next after a approve k3 case. I was surprise to get a second case # GUZxxxx

:blink: Congratulations That's a Big Step Completed :D

After NVC does the name check it is sent to The Guangzhou consulate to process and then they will send your wife P-3. It is normaly about 45 days from date sent to Guangzhou to receipt of P-3

Edited by Gene (see edit history)

When the NVC is finished with their administrative review of a case, the case is sent to post. The next step will be P3.

You can somewhat track the case by using the mailing date of your case from NVC and contacting DHL for a waybill number for that date. You can also email the consulate.

A second GUZ number is routine and that will be the number you want to use when emailing the consulate.

Below is some info on the K3/4 process. It's not what I was looking for but it contains K3/4 information from the federal register.

http://www.nallaseth.com/documents/NewK1Rules.htm

When the NVC is finished with their administrative review of a case, the case is sent to post. The next step will be P3.

You can somewhat track the case by using the mailing date of your case from NVC and contacting DHL for a waybill number for that date. You can also email the consulate.

A second GUZ number is routine and that will be the number you want to use when emailing the consulate.

Below is some info on the K3/4 process. It's not what I was looking for but it contains K3/4 information from the federal register.

http://www.nallaseth.com/documents/NewK1Rules.htm

141947[/snapback]

ok I'll email them. The approval was on july 5.

Thanks

As others have said, you've got a month or so before your SO will receive the P3. Other than tracking the shipments and eating Cheetos, the only other thing you might do is to download the P3 documents and review them in preparation of receiving the actual packet. This will give you a chance to turn around the packet quickly and get into the P4 queue a day or two sooner.