Delivery to GUZ

I contacted DHL and they gave me 8 different numbers for shipments the NVC sent out the day I believe they sent out my wife's. I requested that they notify me when it was delivered. I got the first two and thought it would be something to share.

7/28/2005 10:12 am Shipment delivered. Guangzhou, China

7/27/2005 6:07 pm Arrived at DHL facility. Guangzhou, China

5:28 pm In transit. Guangzhou, China

4:39 pm Clearance processing complete. Guangzhou, China

7/25/2005 2:22 pm Clearance Delay. Guangzhou, China

2:05 pm On Hand at Destination Station. Guangzhou, China

7/24/2005 9:56 pm Arrived at DHL facility. Guangzhou, China

2:22 pm In transit. Kowloon, Hong Kong

7/21/2005 6:09 pm Departing origin. Portsmouth, NH

3:10 pm Picked Up by DHL. Shipper's Door

Ship From: Ship To: Shipment Information:

NATIONAL VISA CENTER Ship date: 7/21/2005

Portsmouth, NH 038012901 Pieces:

United States Total weight:

Ship Type: Document

Attention: Attention: Shipment Reference: CORRESPONDENCE

NATIONAL VISA CENTER Service: International Express

Special Service:

Description: US DIPLOMATIC PAPERS

Tracking detail provided by DHL: 7/27/2005, 7:51:35 pm pt.

Interesting to see they show a clearance delay of just two hours not the weeks I have read about in other threads.......

"Curiouser and curiouser" said Alice

Carl, Not to be the bearer of bad news, But when I was waiting for our packet to make it to GUZ, I did some extensive research into the process. The evidence of many shipments showed me and experience confirmed that our papers are in a package that carries a "I-730" reference. If you think your papers left NVC on 7/21, they are probably in this package.

Tracking results detail for 7550172442

Tracking summary

Current Status Clearance Delay.

Tracking history

Date and Time Status Location

7/25/2005 2:49 pm Clearance Delay. Guangzhou, China

2:48 pm On Hand at Destination Station. Guangzhou, China

7/24/2005 9:56 pm Arrived at DHL facility. Guangzhou, China

2:22 pm In transit. Kowloon, Hong Kong

7/21/2005 5:58 pm Departing origin. Portsmouth, NH

3:10 pm Picked Up by DHL. Shipper's Door

Ship From: Ship To: Shipment Information:

NATIONAL VISA CENTER Ship date: 7/21/2005

Portsmouth, NH 038012901 Pieces:

United States Total weight: 7 lbs

Ship Type: Document

Attention: Attention: Shipment Reference: I-730

NATIONAL VISA CENTER Service: International Express

Special Service:

Description: US DIPLOMATIC PAPERS

Tracking detail provided by DHL: 7/27/2005, 10:29:21 pm pt.

Sorry, but thought you would like to know.

Ed

When our petition CR1/2 went to GUZ there were 8 packages. Four were delivered asap. The rest were in Clearance delay for a month. Diplomatic pouches are usually delivered first. Why they keep things in delay I have not Idea. I know it was less then 6 months to the interview once our petition left the NVC.. NVC sent petition 9/30/04 and the interview was 3/8/05 Hang in there, interview will here before you know it.........

Edited by olemanoman1950 (see edit history)

There were shipments from NVC to GUZ on both 7/21 and 7/22. I seem to remember one post said the actual ship date from DHL usually is one or two days after the ship date given out by NVC. So if 7/21 was the ship date claimed by NVC, yours could be in the 7/22 batch which had already cleared and received by the Consulate, while 7/21 is still under clearance delay, another mystery.... :ph34r:

Carl, or anyone, I am a little confused about how these docs are shipped. Do they actutally give you the tracking number for the package that contains your case, or one of several that may contain your case?

Anyway, glad to know yours is in the mail!!!

The smaller packages are usually diplomatic pouchs with (I assume) internal paperwork. Then there are larger 30 or 40 lbs that contain many files. So no each file does not get a tracking number. You find out the day yours was approved and shipped and it is a guess from there.

You can not get the exact ship date from NVC. They will say it was sent to GUZ on a certain date, but what this means is that it was sent to the shipping dept on that date. It could be up to 3 days before it is actually picked up by DHL. Then any package that has a weight in excess of 2 KG (4.4 lbs) is subject to screening by Chinese customs and will end up in clearence delay.