Not Married, Staying in Hotel in Guangzhou

alaskagypsy

I think the hotel rules stated no inflatable sheep over 18". It must be put away under the bed or in an over head compartment. Take my wife, but theyre not gonna lay a hand on my sophie...http://bergoiata.org/gif/0mouton.gif don't be scared girl... it's gonna be alright... baaa... heheheee :blink: B)

Edited by Mengxin (see edit history)
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder, if asked the question, and the person says, yes we are married, do they expect to have it proven? and if so, how do you prove it?

After we are married here in the US, we plan to travel through China, and so I am wondering, to safe do we need to bring a copy of our Marriage Certificate with us where ever we go? Is that the thing they would expect?

Although she did the registering, sometimes they insisted on it being in my name and seeing my passport. This has nothing to do with being married but rather the way foreigners are registered and tracked by recording the visa number.

While traveling she was often asked how much she was being paid and for what. Usually this was from older women. Some of it was said malicious other times it was just curiousity about the job and how much you have to do for a foreigner to make the money. Ah those old Chinese women :) Young men on the other hand made comments about how exciting to be a tour guide compared to their dull jobs.

I asked my fiancee this question today, and she just laughed and said that it should not be a problem. But just to be sure, after we are married, I will have a copy of our marriage certificate with us when we are in China just in case.

I'll probably make a copy reduced in size , and then seal it in plastic just to preserve it and have it handy in case it is ever asked for.

When we travelled to Sanya we stayed in GZ both before and after the Sanya vacation. The hotel in GZ let us stay together the first time no questions. The second time 7 days later they were quoting this law saying it was illegal for us to stay together. Eventually they relented since Jennys daughter was also in the room I guess. Never had a problem in Shanghai or in Sanya. The law exists but seems like everything in China enforcement is random

The only hotel limitation i have heard of was that the hotel had to be authorized to allow a foreigner to stay..

139229[/snapback]

limits are meaningless to someone that is boundless!!!!

We've stayed at dozens of hotels across the country with no problem. She registers while I look at pictures in brochures around the lobby. Usually they ask for my passport. The only problem was in Guilin at a place called "The White Elephant" or something like that, and they wanted 200 extra RMB because I was a foreignor. We told them to do themselves and left. :lol:

On my 2nd trip to China we stayed at the Ocean Hotel in GZ and in the lobby was a large round table and chairs. Whenever we would return to the hotel late at night there would be a selection of heavily made-up, sexily dressed ladies seated there waiting for... :o :lol: :lol: