travel to GUZ for a day

ohioboy

hi please help me,i will arrive in GUZ on sunday the 17th of july at 6:30 a.m. and cant get a flight now till 4 p.m., i am not sure what to do there i like to

shop, and see the city tho, and would like to get a massage, this is my 3rd time to china but i do not speak the language.any ideas would be great thanks

hi please help me,i will arrive in GUZ on sunday the 17th of july at 6:30 a.m. and cant get a flight now till 4 p.m., i am not sure what to do there i like to

shop, and see the city tho, and would like to get a massage, this is my 3rd time to china but i do not speak the language.any ideas would be great thanks

:) Where is your SO? Why would you go there if you did not have to?

One good idea is to go see where the new consulate / visa processing unit is and report back to the rest of us. Have a Great Time!!!

Get some rest. I bet you will be tired.  You will be well-rested when you see your SO.

134536[/snapback]

the reason i will be there is because my flight to nanning was cancelled for the morning and i must wait for the next flight thanks for the help.

It seems like we'll be there on the same day, same time, and probably on the same flight as you. My wife, daughter and myself will get there at 6:20am on China Southern (328G) from Los Angeles, but we'll have a flight to Nanning at 8:05am. Hopefully that is not the flight that got cancelled. Did you find out why was it cancelled? We'll probably do some shopping if that is the case.

Visit the Chen Clan Academy (Also called Chen's Ancestral Hall). It would take about two hours. It's near the Chenjiaci subway station. Buildings have wood, stone & brick carvings everywhere- highly detailed. Also iron castings, bronze sculptures, crafts exhibits etc.

Dr Sun Yat-sen memorial (inside of building) was closed for a meeting while we were there. Grounds were nice. Also the Liu Hua Park is near here and rather large and tropical looking.

The Six Bayan Tree Temple and the Flowery Pagoda was a dissappointment- nor was the vegetarian restaurant open to the public (as our tour book says). acw

Also if possible read have your S/O read the Chinese forum- Corvette has a few restaurant suggestions in GUZ. She may have some ideas on spending time there. acw

Edited by CR1togo (see edit history)
It seems like we'll be there on the same day, same time, and probably on the same flight as you.  My wife, daughter and myself will get there at 6:20am on China Southern (328G) from Los Angeles, but we'll have a flight to Nanning at 8:05am.  Hopefully that is not the flight that got cancelled.  Did you find out why was it cancelled?  We'll probably do some shopping if that is the case.

134584[/snapback]

hi hope to see you in L.A the 8 :05 flight is ok, but they couldnot book it for me cause of not enough time, the flight at 9:30 was cancelled, they told me that the if i get there and there is space on the 8:05 flight i can take it. ??? but not sure. want to see you in L.A. if that is ok i will tell you my age and what i will be wearing thanks Keith

It seems like we'll be there on the same day, same time, and probably on the same flight as you.?My wife, daughter and myself will get there at 6:20am on China Southern (328G) from Los Angeles, but we'll have a flight to Nanning at 8:05am.?Hopefully that is not the flight that got cancelled.?Did you find out why was it cancelled??We'll probably do some shopping if that is the case.

134584[/snapback]

hi hope to see you in L.A the 8 :05 flight is ok, but they couldnot book it for me cause of not enough time, the flight at 9:30 was cancelled, they told me that the if i get there and there is space on the 8:05 flight i can take it. ??? but not sure. want to see you in L.A. if that is ok i will tell you my age and what i will be wearing thanks Keith

134668[/snapback]

Go to the Airline desk when you get to GZ.

CZ has two morning Flights.

I'm sure they can get you to Nanning in the AM.