• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I setup a computer with Windows XP this weekend and installed the MUI (Multilingual User Interface) pack for XP and for Office 2003. It actually works very well. You can have one user login as English and other user as Chinese. Fast user switching works as well, no reboots. XP and Office display everything in Chinese. The best part is that I can set it up in English and then change a couple of setting and then everything is in Chinese.

I setup a computer with Windows XP this weekend and installed the MUI (Multilingual User Interface) pack for XP and for Office 2003.  It actually works very well.  You can have one user login as English and other user as Chinese.  Fast user switching works as well, no reboots.  XP and Office display everything in Chinese.  The best part is that I can set it up in English and then change a couple of setting and then everything is in Chinese.

135145[/snapback]

Sure beats the other options and when we end up with 2 computers you can bet I'll have the MUI on both so it is possible for me to work on it when she tells me it doesn't like her any more. :rolleyes:

I have a laptop of my own, but Ying told me she prefers a desktop. Because of that I will get her a desktop of her own and let her install Chinese language characters on it. Since I will be getting a wireless network for the apartment, I will get a wireless card for it too, so she can get on without needing to get a separate line

I have a laptop of my own, but Ying told me she prefers a desktop.  Because of that I will get her a desktop of her own and let her install Chinese language characters on it.  Since I will be getting a wireless network for the apartment, I will get a wireless card for it too, so she can get on without needing to get a separate line

135488[/snapback]

If you're going to get a desktop you might consider getting the English version of XP Pro and the MUI, as it is available with OEM versions of Windows. It will give you the ability to login using English when you need to do anything to the computer.

I have fought with software installation in Chinese and it keeps life interesting. :)

wow, so many geeks here..... now I know where to shop for info on computer stuff...... I got lost with the ghost interface..... good luck on getting it squared away, bet I will be back in few months wanting to know the same stuff for my wife....... fortunately I have an extra computer I was going to set up for her daughter anyway....... :lol: