DOS and misc. questions

I have been reading about people calling DOS to find interview date. I wanted to know the tele. number and what info. we need to get the date if known. Also, as I am in Yantai, can my mother call and get any information?

On the interview front itself we have some concerns; specifically, age difference of 20 years, prior tourist visa denial (she was going to come with me to US to file I-129F, then return with me again to China), and I am also divorced (10/2003, we separated prior to my first coming to China, my fiancee had nothing to do with that). Background: We met 8/2002 as teacher & student, we started dating after she was no longer my student. I have been in China, other than going home for a summer or winter break sometimes, the entire time since 8/2002. Engaged 2/2004, we have physically lived together since 10/2004 in Qingdao and now Yantai. I have copies of all my university contracts and residence permits showing I have in fact been here with her. Not a lot of pictures, maybe 80 or so. She was an English major (graduated 6/2004) so her English should be better than most. Any and all information welcome, and thanks for your time.

welcome to CFL !

1. You can call DOS, 1-202-663-1225, press 1, then 0 Give them your SO's name, Birth date and NOA2 number, etc (whatever they ask for).

2. I suspect it is up to the DOS person whether they will allow your mom to get the info on the phone. Although, I have gotten info on someone else's application (more than once), when asked "who are you", I replied, "a friend". Tell the truth!

3. Age difference.. I see no issue. Don't worry.

4. Prior travel visa denial. this is common since it is very difficult for a chinese lady to get a tourist visa. Don't worry about it. If she is asked at interview, she should just state truthfully why she wanted it , where to, etc.

5. Divorce. Sometimes raises a few additional questions in the interview.. just make sure she knows your past (when divorced, any children, have divorce decree , etc)

6. Living together. this makes you easily proof the relationship is valid.. you can continue to collect pictures for interview, but the amount doesn't matter, just looking the loving couple !! Her english is good, another plus !

Only issue is the financial support ability.. will you be able to cover it alone or need a co-sponsor ? The form is the I-134 that she need with supporting documentation that you are able to provide for her, etc.

If you do not meet the 125% over poverty line, then you must have a co-sponsor.

FY 2005

Sponsors Household size - 125% of poverty line

2 - $16037

3 - $21112

4 - $24187

and so forth..... Hawaii and Alaska are more.

again, welcome !! :blink: