Consulate Relocation Info

Jason+Joanna

GZ will not allow both parties into interview at new consulate either, according to this email I recieved from GZ june 9th.

XX.XXXXX will probably have interview in the new Consulate building.

However, only applicants are admitted.

Sincerely,

Guangzhou IV

GZ also gave me an estimate as to when the interview might take place. Our p3 was returned EMS to GZ on April 19th but not logged into the computer until May 12th.

Please be advised that we have received XXX.XXXXX's 230-1 on

May 12, 2005.

We estimate that XXX.XXXXX might interview in the

August-September time frame. This estimate in no way constitutes a

guarantee on our part.

GZ will not allow both parties into interview at new consulate either, according to this email I recieved from GZ june 9th.

XX.XXXXX will probably have interview in the new Consulate building.

However, only applicants are admitted.

Sincerely,

Guangzhou IV

GZ also gave me an estimate as to when the interview might take place. Our p3 was returned EMS to GZ on April 19th but not logged into the computer until May 12th. 

Please be advised that we have received XXX.XXXXX's 230-1 on

May 12, 2005.

We estimate that XXX.XXXXX might interview in the

August-September time frame. This estimate in no way constitutes a

guarantee on our part.

133572[/snapback]

Most P3s entered in GUZ computer in May are projected for Oct interviews... So this would seem to be a faster than expected interview date. And maybe the move will keep the email in check !

Most P3s entered in GUZ computer in May are projected for Oct interviews... So this would seem to be a faster than expected interview date. And maybe the move will keep the email in check !

133587[/snapback]

Makes me want to send an email off to GZ to inquire about our interview.

It's been two weeks since my last inquirey.

It sounds like ... in this thread and others ... that, for K1 couples, the US person is accompanying the Chinese person to Guangzhou during the time of the interview.  My understanding is that the Chinese person goes to the interview alone, is this correct?

I assume then that the American person is going along for moral support etc.

Am I missing something here?

133550[/snapback]

True for K-1, K-3 and CR/IR-1. They (Guz) will NOT allow the US citizen in at the present location and cite space limitations in the consulate. Some USC's in addition to moral support want to be available for an immediate overcome document submission IF the S/O does not pass the initial interview. acw

133552[/snapback]

More than just moral support. I gave my wife (then fiancee) my passport and it shows that I was there. It may mean something, nothing or very little, but I think if you can be there do so.

Guest blsqueaky
I have been to that section of GZ. Not bad but very crowded with horrible air.

Shamian Island was an oasis. Hopefully, this place is somewhat secluded from the busy streets in that area. It will be interesting to see. Of course, I won't be seeing it, having finished my GZ business quite a while ago. B)

131730[/snapback]

Last nite Ling was reading about this on 001, and she told me that it is not a bad place, just a little ways from Shamian. This is also a hotel right there in the same building, and from what she told, the room are 180RMB/nite

Shamian Island was an oasis. Hopefully, this place is somewhat secluded from the busy streets in that area. It will be interesting to see. Of course, I won't be seeing it, having finished my GZ business quite a while ago. :blink:

131730[/snapback]

Last nite Ling was reading about this on 001, and she told me that it is not a bad place, just a little ways from Shamian. This is also a hotel right there in the same building, and from what she told, the room are 180RMB/nite

135757[/snapback]

is it your alias, or hers....?? :blink:

JK, hope you can get it squared away, and soon......

did you call NVC? nice talking to you earlier today...

Guest blsqueaky

Shamian Island was an oasis. Hopefully, this place is somewhat secluded from the busy streets in that area. It will be interesting to see. Of course, I won't be seeing it, having finished my GZ business quite a while ago. :D

131730[/snapback]

135757[/snapback]

is it your alias, or hers....?? :D

JK, hope you can get it squared away, and soon......

did you call NVC? nice talking to you earlier today...

135870[/snapback]

Supposedly it is her alias, sent NVC email, still waiting to hear from them.

Shamian Island was an oasis. Hopefully, this place is somewhat secluded from the busy streets in that area. It will be interesting to see. Of course, I won't be seeing it, having finished my GZ business quite a while ago. :D

131730[/snapback]

135757[/snapback]

Squeaky, would your wife know the name of the hotel??