Questions on AOS

I'm curretnly working on filling out all the required forms and a couple of questions had come up:

1-) Form I-485- "Current USCIS Status"?

2-) Does he need to have a Social Security Number in order to file AOS?

3-) Do we need to submit a I-130 for AOS?

Thanks for the help!

For AOS Mari you need to fill out the I-485 adjustment of status, a new G-325 A biographic, I-864 affidavit of support and I-765 if he wants to get an EAD. He doesn't have to have a SSN but it is a good idea to get an anyway so you can put him on your bank account. This helps show a common household at the AOS interview. I sent the I-693 supplimental for vaccinations in with my AOS papers although that may be optional.

1) NOA2 I-129 approved??

Not correct. It should be K-1 VISA HOLDER

That's why there were ????after it. It wasn't a statement.

Oh, I see. :rolleyes:

Both are correct. They will want a copy of NOA approval notice and a copy of the visa page in the passport. Then they will want front and back copy of the I-94 too.

I can add that for some states, including Colorado where we live, an SSN card or number is required before getting a drivers license.

Jeff

Same here in Florida.

In a country where a DL is mandtory to survive it should be easier (or at least quicker) to get. The bride has been climbing the walls since January, and giving me hell about how slow things are here.

She keeps saying "Welcome to America................WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I got all the paperwork ready but want to make sure that the Social Security number is not required to file for AOS and EAD. It's such a hard work to have all this ready at the same time when you're trying to adjust to the new life together, trying to make my teenage daughter feel as loved as ever, and going to work every day. :P But I keep lovin' it... wouldn't change it for anything in the world. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: B)

I got all the paperwork ready but  want to make sure that the Social Security number is not required to file for AOS and EAD. It's such a hard work to have all this ready at the same time when you're trying to adjust to the new life together, trying to make my teenage daughter feel as loved as ever, and going to work every day.  :D But I keep lovin' it... wouldn't change it for anything in the world. :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

You need the EAD to apply for the SS#.