Well needless to say that my case is waiting in clearance delivery delay at the DHL holding station in GUZ.

There have been 223 case's shipped from NVC June 1st through June 16th to just about every major city in the world with a total of 4 clearence delivery delays. (GUESS WHERE)

6 shipments to GUZ so far this month and 4 in clearence delivery delay?

On looking back at May there were 425 case shipments from NVC worldwide, with a total of 17 clearence delivery delays (WONDER WHO?)

Out of 20 case's shipped to GUZ 17 went through clearance delays, 5 of which have still not cleared.

There is also no continuity as to what does and does not clear as the pending case"s have ship dates of 5/17 5/18 5/23 5/24 and 5/26 with other case"s clearing both in between and after these dates.

Call me crazy but this does not look like a cusoms delay to me

I wondered about challenging GZ on this and thought better, somewhere I seem to recall the applications made a statement about a little thing called the Privacy Act, which does not allow for sharing of the information with foreign governments.

As the documents travel under diplomatic seal as is common for all transfers of government documents, customs is only a formality and GZ uses this as an excuse. By not picking them up they have officially not cleared customs.

Perhaps one day after they can have no affect on our lives the topic could be addressed as the DOS has thousands if not millions of emails giving the impression that the Chinese government is responsible for the delay with their famous canned response.

its like this, if the package sent from NVC is less than 2 kilograms it will clear in 3 days or less, anything over than can take 30 days or longer, trust me my SO called the China customs and this is what they told her and our package sat in delay for 32 days.

also when it does clear it goes to a holding facility to get x-rayed and decantaminated by GZ workers which will take longer and GZ doesnt pick up the packages in "the order recieved" either. so be patient it will get to GZ .......eventually

mike

Much as I would like to, I can't put responsibility for the clearance delays entirely at GZ's doorstep. I think it's a larger issue than that, and I do think that Chinese customs is a large part of the delay.

The bigger picture, in my opinion, is that the Chinese government is very displeased with what it sees as unfair and discriminatory US visa/immigration policies. For example, when the US raised fees for visa applications, China retaliated by raising some of their fees and tightening some of their restrictions.

It's no mystery that the vast majority of clearance delayed NVC shipments are to China. Chinese customs isn't the most efficient and equitable to begin with. When you add some political tit-for-tat to that scenario, you have delays.

In my opinion, the problem really traces back to US government immigration policy with regards to China.

There was a similiar post on the board today which I posted in about the delays.

I can't remember who originally began the post or the title but the context was about GZ testing the sincerity of a couple by testing their fortitude.

I posted an email sent by DHL- Guangdong Branch. As far as I can tell, it's not the fault of GZ but it is the doing of the Chinese government and Chinese port customs.

So, where is that topic? I can't find it!

There was a similiar post on the board today which I posted in about the delays.

I can't remember who originally began the post or the title but the context was about GZ testing the sincerity of a couple by testing their fortitude.

I posted an email sent by DHL- Guangdong Branch. As far as I can tell, it's not the fault of GZ but it is the doing of the Chinese government and Chinese port customs.

in LL : Reasons for Delay at GUZ

in LL : Reasons for Delay at GUZ

Thanks, David.

Didn't think about checking there, duh................ :unsure: