Fax Adams. etc.

Alright, just who are all these players?  I am sure other people besides me are getting confused.

Richard Adams is the Consul General

Linda Donahue is a Consular Officer (She is directly responsible for visas)

Richard Adams ???  Not listed by GZ or DOS as being at GZ

Clayton Hayes  ???  Not listed by GZ or DOS as being at GZ

Anybody else I missed?

Here is the food chain, Owen

1/.Ambassador to Beijing: Clark T. (Sandy) Randt, Jr.,

2/ GZ consul: John Norris

3/Visa Section ( both IV/NIV ) : Linda Donahue

4/IV section: Richards Adams

5/NIV section: We don't care for our purpose

Levels 1 and 2 are irrelevant for visa purposes.. It's just a tiny part of their daily activity..if any

3 and 4 is where we focus ( Visa section.. and IV part of it )

5 is where visitors/ students etc focus..

Anything clearer now?

Alright, just who are all these players?  I am sure other people besides me are getting confused.

Richard Adams ???  Not listed by GZ or DOS as being at GZ

Clayton Hayes  ???  Not listed by GZ or DOS as being at GZ

Anybody else I missed?

Here is the food chain, Owen

1/.Ambassador to Beijing: Clark T. (Sandy) Randt, Jr.,

2/ GZ consul: John Norris

3/Visa Section ( both IV/NIV ) : Linda Donahue

4/IV section: Richards Adams

5/NIV section: We don't care for our purpose

Levels 1 and 2 are irrelevant for visa purposes.. It's just a tiny part of their daily activity..if any

3 and 4 is where we focus ( Visa section.. and IV part of it )

5 is where visitors/ students etc focus..

Anything clearer now?

I was about to post a similar thought Eric. I think Donahue and Adams are the most likely ones we need to focus on. I would consider Norris also, but he may be so far removed from the process he doesn't fit into the picture. On the other hand, a part of me screams that we should also go to the top if possible.

Yet the most pressing issue facing Owen and I at this point is how to gain access to these elusive folks. I think this thread started with Ana's proposed e-mail to the powers that be in GZ. I think we need to focus our efforts on those we intend to try to have a civilized discussion with. At this juncture, that appears to me to be Donahue and Adams.

My question remains, how do we get an appointment? Owen, you have any thoughts on this?

:blink: :lol: :lol:

Alright, just who are all these players?  I am sure other people besides me are getting confused.

Richard Adams ???  Not listed by GZ or DOS as being at GZ

Clayton Hayes  ???  Not listed by GZ or DOS as being at GZ

Anybody else I missed?

Owen:

I don't know exactly who Clayton Hayes is other than he is a Consular Officer of some sort. All reports I have heard about him seem positive. As to his actual title and e-mail, I haven't a clue. Maybe some one on the board knows how to reach him. Maybe Eric? (See above) :blink:

Mick. Yes I do. But I will not post it here

Mick, you and I can both fax GZ today and ask for a meeting with Richard Adams and Linda Donahue.

The members here then can also send faxes and emails specifically addressed to Richard Adams (86-020-8186-4001) and Linda Donahue (86-020-8186-2341) to request that we be granted that interview as their representative. I would suggest that you just use the general format of Ana's letter.

Again, I have asked that you let me know when you send an email or fax concerning this so that if we are not given an interview, we will have the facts to present to DOS and other government officials about GZ's lack of responsiveness to our requests.

Sound right to you, Mick?

Mick, you and I can both fax GZ today and ask for a meeting with Richard Adams and Linda Donahue. 

The members here then can also send faxes and emails specifically addressed to Richard Adams (86-020-8186-4001) and Linda Donahue (86-020-8186-2341) to request that we be granted that interview as their representative.  I would suggest that you just use the general format of Ana's letter. 

Again, I have asked that you let me know when you send an email or fax concerning this so that if we are not given an interview, we will have the facts to present to DOS and other government officials about GZ's lack of responsiveness to our requests.

Sound right to you, Mick?

someone writes a letter to GZ asking them to grant an interview to crusaders china-based Owen and Mick please...

Unless there is already one existing.. Ana's?

We need dozens of names on it.

Sounds like a winner Owen. I will have to go downtown to send the faxes however as this campus is closed up tighter than a drum for the holidays. Plus I will have to negotiate this faxing terrain without the aid of my usual interpreter. I will make every attempt to get this done today.

I will have the usual arguement with my wife about faxes being expensive and send mine out also.  I am still trying to call GZ since all our mail is shut down for some indefinate period right now.  We could have a EMS letter setting at the post office.  Yea, right.  That is really dreaming.

owen... PM me... I have a real cheap solution for you.. faxwise..

my letter was an individual one, maybe individual ones are better? i posted it at the beginning of this thread. copy away if you like. i will fax it to adams and donahue asap with copies over email. i have email addresses for both if you want to pm me.

also, as far as the fax numbers go, if you are faxing from the states, the number is a little different than owen posted.

adams:

011-86-20-8186-4001

donahue:

011-86-20-8186-2341

owen: faxing in china IS expensive! you should try the smaller copy places. the difference between doing it there and at the post office is ENORMOUS!! also, if you work in a school, sometimes you can pull a little guanxi to get at a fax machine. ;)

my letter was an individual one, maybe individual ones are better?  i posted it at the beginning of this thread.  copy away if  you like.  i will fax it to adams and donahue asap with copies over email.  i have email addresses for both if you want to pm me.

also, as far as the fax numbers go, if you are faxing from the states, the number is a little different than owen posted.

adams:

011-86-20-8186-4001

donahue:

011-86-20-8186-2341

owen: faxing in china IS expensive!  you should try the smaller copy places.  the difference between doing it there and at the post office is ENORMOUS!!  also, if you work in a school, sometimes you can pull a little guanxi to get at a fax machine. ;)

owen. PM me... I have have a computer fax acount... It'll cost me just pennies :-) Just don't give that to your exes OK?? ;)

That is how I trust you my friend,,,

my letter was an individual one, maybe individual ones are better?  i posted it at the beginning of this thread.  copy away if  you like.  i will fax it to adams and donahue asap with copies over email.  i have email addresses for both if you want to pm me.

adams:

011-86-20-8186-4001

donahue:

011-86-20-8186-2341

owen: faxing in china IS expensive!  you should try the smaller copy places.  the difference between doing it there and at the post office is ENORMOUS!!  also, if you work in a school, sometimes you can pull a little guanxi to get at a fax machine. :(

Again Ana, thanks for your initiative and effort. I will use the basic language of your letter and make a few minor changes to personalize it to the fact that Owen and I are on our way. And yes, faxing is expensive over here to say the least. I can't fax from the campus as all offices are shut down for the holiday. Therefore, I will have to go downtown to accomplish said task. This is not as easy as it sounds as downtown is 40 minutes away by bus. I suspect Owen is in a similar situation as regards to his campus being shut down.

I do have a former student whose father owns a copy shop downtown. This will, of course, be my first port of call as I can probably get a discount on faxing from there. It pays over here to know the right people. ;) The only drawback is that even his shop may be closed by now. We'll see. I will try to call my student before I hit the road. ;)

my letter was an individual one, maybe individual ones are better?  i posted it at the beginning of this thread.  copy away if  you like.  i will fax it to adams and donahue asap with copies over email.  i have email addresses for both if you want to pm me.

adams:

011-86-20-8186-4001

donahue:

011-86-20-8186-2341

owen: faxing in china IS expensive!  you should try the smaller copy places.  the difference between doing it there and at the post office is ENORMOUS!!  also, if you work in a school, sometimes you can pull a little guanxi to get at a fax machine.   :(

Again Ana, thanks for your initiative and effort. I will use the basic language of your letter and make a few minor changes to personalize it to the fact that Owen and I are on our way. And yes, faxing is expensive over here to say the least. I can't fax from the campus as all offices are shut down for the holiday. Therefore, I will have to go downtown to accomplish said task. This is not as easy as it sounds as downtown is 40 minutes away by bus. I suspect Owen is in a similar situation as regards to his campus being shut down.

I do have a former student whose father owns a copy shop downtown. This will, of course, be my first port of call as I can probably get a discount on faxing from there. It pays over here to know the right people. ;) The only drawback is that even his shop may be closed by now. We'll see. I will try to call my student before I hit the road. ;)

Mick, my offer to Owen extends to you as well...

You can send a fax to GZ for pennies.... PM me, and I'll get you the data... Won't cost you a thing. I pay for it.. Very little

Will anybody that faxes Adams, or anybody else, asking for a meeting with Mick and I, please let me know.  I want to have a number for how many people requested this meeting on their behalf.  This is in case we do not get a meeting with an appropriate person.  Gives me ammunition to complain with later.

I think this point is vital. Please, for those of you who send fax or e-mail, let Owen know. This way we have a record of the number of request that were made. This way we have a bit of a win-win situation. The larger the number of faxes, e-mails, etc., the greater chance we have of gaining an audience. If they refuse us, then the large number of requests provides further evidence of their lack of response and complete insensitivity.

PJ or Moderators: Is it possible to pin a place where people can list their names if they have sent fax or e-mail in support of our attempt at gaining an interview? Just a thought. Would make our job a little easier I think. :angry: ;)