Fax Adams. etc.

I am sending a fax today to R. Adams, asking that he meet with Mick and Owen. Mick and Owen: Do you want me to send it to anyone else in GZ? I'll also send it over email.

But if they only get this one little fax from me, it won't be strong enough. We need other people to do it too! It won't take long, and you can cut and paste from mine if you want, or write a short one of your own.

Here is mine:

Dear Mr. Adams:

Roger Owen Krout and Dwight Turner will be going to Guangzhou during the week of February 10 in the hopes of meeting with you and other Consular Officers. They would like to discuss the delays applicants who interviewed between July and October of 2002 have experienced in receiving immigrant visas. My husband is one of those applicants.

Please consider Mr. Krout and Mr. Turner as representatives for many of us who have been waiting for our loved ones to receive visas. When they speak, they do not speak for themselves alone, and their visit is meant to help all of us. I firmly support them.

I ask that you grant them a personal interview and take their questions, concerns, and input very seriously.

Will anybody that faxes Adams, or anybody else, asking for a meeting with Mick and I, please let me know.  I want to have a number for how many people requested this meeting on their behalf.  This is in case we do not get a meeting with an appropriate person.  Gives me ammunition to complain with later.

IMHO I would request a meeting with BOTH Adams and Donahue.

Donahue as visa chief...Adams as IV chief.

Or you might get the " I'll bring that meeting idea up in a staff meeting to my boss" line from the IV section

And I think you should add Consul General Norris while you are at it.

I wouldn't at this point.. They won't...They wouldn't want this to sound like Nurenberg revisited..

Gut feeling.. :D

My boss and our Co President will be in GZ mid April for a trade show.... I'm preparing nice red ink signboards for them ( 2 a piece ) to take in front of the consulate, as they have 4 days to kill between the 2 trade shows... Whaddaya think guys? Any suggested signage? I spoke to my boss already.. He was laughing his a** off.. :lol:

In my opionion, we should target the John Norris, every time I emailed JN, Linda Donahue replied.  I suspect Richard Adams is not there or something.  Linda is the Chief in Visa section.  If you target RA, you will get someone reports to him saying that he is on business trip, etc.

I have never had any success reaching Richard Adams or getting a response. Another possibility is Clayton Hayes. In fact, it might not hurt to fax or e-mail all of the above. I know it sounds like the "shotgun approach", but at this point, that might be best. I am open to suggestion however. :lol:

In my opionion, we should target the John Norris, every time I emailed JN, Linda Donahue replied.  I suspect Richard Adams is not there or something.  Linda is the Chief in Visa section.  If you target RA, you will get someone reports to him saying that he is on business trip, etc.

I have never had any success reaching Richard Adams or getting a response. Another possibility is Clayton Hayes. In fact, it might not hurt to fax or e-mail all of the above. I know it sounds like the "shotgun approach", but at this point, that might be best. I am open to suggestion however. :lol:

Clayton was really helpful... I spoke to him from Beijing 1/3.

He emailed me 2 days ago advising me that GZ resub'd the name.

He's a good guy..

Adams has the IV info team answer by form emails...in my experience

Alright, just who are all these players? I am sure other people besides me are getting confused.

Richard Adams is the Consul General

Linda Donahue is a Consular Officer (She is directly responsible for visas)

Richard Adams ??? Not listed by GZ or DOS as being at GZ

Clayton Hayes ??? Not listed by GZ or DOS as being at GZ

Anybody else I missed?

Alright, just who are all these players?  I am sure other people besides me are getting confused.

Richard Adams is the Consul General

Linda Donahue is a Consular Officer (She is directly responsible for visas)

Richard Adams ???  Not listed by GZ or DOS as being at GZ

Clayton Hayes  ???  Not listed by GZ or DOS as being at GZ

Anybody else I missed?

Owen:

I don't know exactly who Clayton Hayes is other than he is a Consular Officer of some sort. All reports I have heard about him seem positive. As to his actual title and e-mail, I haven't a clue. Maybe some one on the board knows how to reach him. Maybe Eric? (See above) :blink:

John Norris  is the Consul General

Linda Donahue is a Chief in the  Visa section

Richard Adams  not sure of his title

Clayton Hayes : reports to Linda D

Adams is the Immigrant Visa section Chief ( that would be K visas for procedural purpose, although technically in the NIV section as far as the law is concerned )

maybe r adams doesnt exist. maybe he is just the info team under an individual name, so we think we can actually contact an officer. everyone who has ever tried to see him or talk to him has failed. he has also returned my emails through the info team.

i think he is chief of the iv unit, not consul general

isnt norris the consul general?

i have both hays and adams email addresses. i think that info is available over cuc. but if you need them, pm me.