K-3 AND Medical I-693

The good news is that Song and I return to the USA through LAX on Sunday! Of course, I am planning to Adjust her Status ASAP!

I understand all the forms EXCEPT the medical I-693. I have checked on this site, US government webpages, and Visajourney.com.

Information on the I-693 seems contradictory. Do we (K-3) have to get another physical? Is the I-693 filed with all the other AOS papers? Or is it brought to the interview later?

Song had a physical in Guangzhou and has her X-ray and vaccination records. She also has the mysterious brown packet to give US passport control.

The Government webpage says that as a K applicant she only needs a vaccination supplement form. I can't find one anywhere!

What is your experience? The truth is, I don't understand the logic behind the I-693!

Rupert

None.

Although there are those that say you should send in the vac sup with the I-485, I did not. I took it to the interview with me. The instructions read like an either or thing but If you send in the supplement now she may need a booster by the time you get your interview so it may be best to wait until you get an interview date to get an apointment with the civil surgeon.

Also be warned that most civil surgeons receptionists either don't have a clue or are trying to push a complete physical. You may have to call a few to get what you really need without having to pay for an entire physical.