our interview ... passed!!

first i want to say CONGRATS to all the successful interview of late. i was in GZ last week, for my fiance's interview, and didn't have access to the internet... so i was not kept up to speed with CFL news.

well, our interview was also a SUCCESS. B)

i'll give at the interview-day consulate procedure/experience we had, as well as, the VO's questions.

the interview was on June 2, and we arrived at the consulate around 6:45 am (i think). the line outside had maybe 40-50 people by that time, and it began to move around 730 and we got to the front close to 8.

at that point, we then had to part, and edith moved up to a line closer to the actual consulate. she was soon inside.... time for me to just wait. i ended up waiting only until a little after 10 am, much sooner than i expected. edith had received a note telling her to return at 1 pm for the actual interview.

we then returned around 1230 for another chance to wait in line. she ended up getting in a little after 1 pm.... then came out around 230 just in time for one of those sudden guangdong downpours.... but, thankfully, she was beaming.... :huh: :huh: :D

fyi, i think she pulled of the "confidence" thing, and even started the whole thing off with a "Good Afternoon".... thanks go to trever, david, and others.... although, of course, that's not to say she wasn't nervous... ;)

below is as much of the interview as we remember.... it was a little more personal than i expected and recalled from others experiences. might, be something to note for others.... be prepared for anything!

ok, here are the details:

--- edith said the VO was mid-30s asian guys with glasses. he was somewhat cold and seldom looked up at her.

VO: how did you meet?

E: he came to our school ***** to work for 1 month duing the summer camp.

--- i guess the VO didn't believe her answer was complete so he repeated.

VO: exactly, how did you meet?

E: we worked in the same office during the summer camp.

VO: how many times has he been to china?

E: 5 times.

VO: what do you like about him?

E: he is *blah*, *blah*, *blah*, and honest.

VO: give me an example of how he is honest.

--- i guess, this one really threw her... unexpected.

E: ahhh, it's a little hard to think of something.

VO: it's ok, take your time.

E: *blaaaaaaaaaaaaaah*

VO: ok, can i see his tax return?

--- edith hands him 3 yrs worth. i include copies of my e-filed 1040s and tax transcripts for all years... just wanted to be safe. she said the VO looked at with quite some attention, and hands them back to her.

VO: do you have arguments?

E: yes.

VO: when is the last time?

E: it was a long time ago.

VO: what was it about?

E: last time when he was here, he was sick and he insisted on drinking cold water. and i told him he cannot.

VO: do you have any pictures?

--- handing him the album

E: here are our pictures when our families were together. i have others too, would like to see those too?

VO: no.

--- looking at the pictures, he stoped at one with edith, her brother, and i. pointing at her brother

VO: who is this?

E: my brother.

--- VO hands the pictures back

VO: ok, your visa been approved.

edith told me the whole thing took about 2-3 minutes.

immediately after getting the *lavendar* slip (ok, sorry to disappoint people, but it ain't pink... lavendar... or light purple, if you wish.... but.... "oh yeah, we got the laaaaaavendar slip!!" just don't sound right... hehe... so, *pink* it is.... :P ), we went to the post to pay the pick up fee. our interview was on thursday and the we were told the visa would be avaliable for pick-up on saturday, which it was. BUT, i want to mention that the pick-up location is not the same place you pay. maybe, it's b/c we had a saturday pick-up, but i thought i'd mention it. the place we paid at was just a couple block from the consulate. the pick up location was about a 5 minute cab ride.

that's our story folks... i wish everyone, with interviews coming, up all the best.

ryan