Received K1 Fiance Visa

My SO received her fiance visa recently, and we will be getting married this week. The materials that she received with her visa only state that she needs to adjust her status... but does not explain how.

We plan to get married very soon. But then what do I need to do? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Congratulations Cody... :ph34r: :blink:

You're in the right place. There's AOS info all over the place in this forum. I am in the same boat as you, we are starting AOS soon also. We got married on May 6 and Lu Li already got her SSN. Next we are doing a name change for her and then starting AOS.

If she is planning on taking your last name the first thing to do after getting married is go to the SSA and get her a SSN in her married name. That way you can put her on your bank accounts etc to establish a common domocile. To file AOS you need to decide if she wants to work or visit China before getting her green card. If not you only need to file the I-485, I-864, I-693 supplimental (this is the proof of vaccinations required to be signed off on by a civil surgeon) and a new G-325 A.

Thanks for the advice everyone. Yeah, it's wonderful having my so with me. She is so affectionate that it's even a little embaressing sometimes in public. But it's alright. She's one of a kind. We are all so lucky to have found such wonderful gems. Best of luck to everyone waiting.